Can't receive calls; can't send or receive text messages on iphone 7plus
imp8shunt
Enthusiast - Level 2

went through Troubleshooting assistant - all steps.  Nada.   I can send and receive email on my phone.  But I am not receiving any calls, and can't send or receive text messages. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive calls; can't send or receive text messages on iphone 7plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to receive calls along with sending and receiving text messages is very important and we do want to ensure that this is addressed for you, imp8shunt.  I do have a few questions if you don’t mind.  When happens when someone calls you.  Does the call go straight to voicemail or does it ring a few times before going to voicemail or a recording? If a recording, what does it say?  When happens when you attempt to send a text?  Any error message?  Lastly, when did this start and is anyone else impacted or having the same difficulties? 

AdamB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive calls; can't send or receive text messages on iphone 7plus
imp8shunt
Enthusiast - Level 2

when someone calls me, before it rings it says "your call is being connected" then they hear it ring, then it goes to voicemail.   But I don't have any notification of a new voicemail.  I just used my work phone (landline) to call my cell.  The cell didn't ring.  I left a voicemail for my cell but there's no indication on the cell that it was received. 

With texts, when I attempt to send, I get a red exclamation point to the right, "Not Delivered" below it, and when I go back to my list of texts it says "Message Send Failure". 

I'm in Yonkers NY.  My husband (on same verizon acct but with an android phone) isn't having problems, but his texts don't reach me, and mine don't reach him. 

No idea if anyone else nearby is having difficulties, but it seems like many people on this board are having text issues today.

0 Likes