Can't do sms texts on iPhone
MelHines

My daughter got an iPhone 7 plus for Christmas. She previously had a tablet through Verizon.  We switched the tablet number to her iPhone. Activated phone yesterday, she can receive phone calls and imessages, but can not send or receive sms texts.  I already did everything on the trouble shoot page. Please help! Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't do sms texts on iPhone
stef7
Master - Level 2

This Apple Support article may help. I think the key here is that she had a tablet (perhaps iPad?) before.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I guess I'd read the whole thing. You might also Scroll down to: If you receive messages on one device but not the other

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There might also be a block on that line since it was the tablet number. A customer service representative might have to reset the number from their end to the default phone settings instead of tablet defaults.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

stef7
Master - Level 2

Interesting you say that. I thought a tablet would set up the same way as a phone, if it was given a number. But that's silly now that I think of it. Phone's are not all created equal. They could even be a smartwatch.

So I think your advice is very appropriate. I hope the OP writes back and tells us what the solution was.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MelHines,

You definitely need to be able to send text messages and I'll be happy to help get this fixed for you. What happens when you send a text message? Are you having any issues with other functions such as accessing data or make calls?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes