Re: Anyone with a 10/12 Ship Date have any activity?
benzz11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well atleast I'm not the only one, haha. You almost have to think that Verizon is dumb enough to use a last in, first out method rather than FIFO. I surprised you're 0-2 so far on getting yours early. 

0 Likes
gpounce26

If it makes anyone feel better, my card has been charged, and the 611 line says it has shipped-but I have no shipping information or idea of when it will arrive. The best part-I'm having it sent to my job, and VZW put my company name instead of my name first on the package.

0 Likes
benzz11
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is what the Verizon rep told me today.

Amy: Hello Bennett if you cancel one order you would have to wait about 4 days until you can reorder because the cancellation has to process.

Looks like I'm better off waiting. I was setting up an order today, and choosing the Matte Black 256GB has a ship-by date of 10/6. I can't believe a cancellation takes FOUR days.

0 Likes
lilyjane07
Enthusiast - Level 3

Totally false. I would call customer service (800-922-0204 or x611 on your phone). Sometimes these chat reps don't know what they're talking about. I was able to cancel an order and process a new one during the same call, only took like 20 minutes.

0 Likes
benzz11
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just cancelled and ordered the 256GB, which will ship tomorrow. Apparently 128GB Matte Black might go past the original 10/12 ship by date according to the service rep on the phone. They're already experiencing it with the MB color only, and he wasn't too optimistic about the dates so I had to go with the 256.

0 Likes
lilyjane07
Enthusiast - Level 3

Congrats! Now you just have to get through the weekend while you wait for your new phone to be delivered. I unfortunately have the joy of still waiting on any progress with my 128GB 7+ Rose Gold. I couldn't transfer over a promotional credit from my order to a new order. I'll have to resort to playing with my boyfriend's phone until I get mine. His should be here on Friday, just in time for the weekend!

0 Likes
gpounce26

Awesome benzz11​. While it's not the one you originally ordered, I'm glad they were able to help you out somehow.

0 Likes
lilyjane07
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW, if anyone received their CC charge already but have not received tracking info, there is a way for you to find your tracking info on FedEx without waiting for VZW to update their system.

location ID_00order number

Location ID should be 7 digits (some may have a letter) and order number could be from 4 to 7 digits. After the "_" put as many 0s as necessary with your order number as long as it's 9 digits long. So for example:

xxxxxxx_00xxxxxxx

or

xxxxxxx_0000xxxxx

It did take about 12 hours after the CC charge for me to be able to track one of my orders. Received notification from credit card company yesterday late afternoon, was able to find tracking info this morning using the above formula. Order has yet to be updated on the website as shipped, still says processing, but I was able to find the tracking number and info from FedEx.com and expected delivery date for Friday.

0 Likes
benzz11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everyone has been great on here!! Thank you, but I'm not going anywhere just yet. Who knows, they'll probably change my status to November 30th and everyone with the 10/12 date will process tomorrow lol. 

0 Likes
lilyjane07
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't say that! You'll jinx it! Watch, you'll get notification your cc has been charged in just a few hours.

I have to agree, I never thought about joining a forum or following one, but with this pre-order disaster it's been very helpful getting everyone's insight and advice as well as everyone being supportive of each other in this darkest of times. Haha, for real, first world problems LOL.

0 Likes