Re: 999-999-9999
Tlc1313
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to know, the same thing- how can we find out the actual number texting??

Tlc1313
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too- would love to know what the actual number is, texting!  It's not good, to see something like this on a bill, and -can not be explained by giving us, the actual number 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do everything we can to get you the assistance you need. Are you receiving weird text messaging from the number you have provided with all 9's? What type of phone do you have? Have you tried blocking the number on your end? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Alenadupuy1269
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are not understanding. I have 4 phones on my account and my husband has texted a number that is 999-999-9999. So my question is,  is this a way to hide who you are texting?

sportsmomof6
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband’s #1 contact on his cell phone is another woman, younger than me! I am #3!! GRRRR!  He has my daughter’s old cell phone and he has no idea that my Verizon Smart Family app is still synced with her number. There are a LOT of 999-999-9999 text messages. Oh...there are also a handful of “photo” text messages but they don’t appear as a photo with the 999 number. I tried calling the number and received  a Verizon message that said “the number could not be completed as dialed.” WHAT THE HECK!! Is this a cover?!?! I confronted him about this girl LAST YEAR and he FLIPPED...I became afraid and let it go! I’m so sad 😞 

My4sons19
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not an answer to your question.   It’s just that I have the same question and am wondering if you ever received an answer.  My husband said he would stop texting two women from work after he took it too far and today I see the 999-999-9999 text sent from his phone on the call log. 

therat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Under what circumstances CAN'T a call be captured?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, therat. We understand the importance of knowing why these calls appear in such manner on My Verizon, and we'll gladly explain. A call cannot be captured when it is received from a private caller. In texts, this could occur when texting an email, and not a phone number directly. Does this help clarify?  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
TashaD1224
Enthusiast - Level 1

This kind of info is exactly what I'm trying to find out as well...my husbands message log has 2 text..one to him from a weird 000-something else number then one from him to the 999 number...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is confusing to see a number with only 0's or 9's, TashaD1224. I'm happy to clarify. As advised earlier in this particular forum, when you see numbers such as this, it it because the number was unavailable for identification as it may have been blocked, sent as a short code message, etc. In other words, the number is not available. Does this clear up the details?  

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes