Re: 999-999-9999
Sydneynichole6892
Enthusiast - Level 1

None of what you are says makes any since, a phone on MY ACCOUNT sent a text message but on the text log it reads 999-999-9999. Is it a blocked number or a deleted message from the phone???? Please answer because inquiring minds would like to know!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand that it's a confusing to see an identified number in your logs, Sydneynichole6892. If the number is displaying this way, even if it's from a number on your account, it means it's been blocked or that the number was unable to be transmitted. It does not mean that the message was deleted however. I hope this helps clear up the details. Any other questions, let us know. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
bthayn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was just able to positively verify at least for my instance.  For work I often need to text a picture to an email address and everytime I do it shows up as all 9's on my bill. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bthayn, we can understand the importance of tracking call/message details. If you are logged in to your My Verizon account and you see the number is all 9's or 0's (or other consecutive number pattern) the number has been restricted by the originating party. Let us know if this helped.

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Sakora
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife is texting a 999 999 9999 who is this

Sakora
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this same problem. can I get answers 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sakora, we know the importance of being able to know who those text messages are from. Since those text seem to be from a blocked, restricted or Spoofed number, the only way to get any information is to ask your wife about those text.

We deeply apologize, but there are industry standards that prevent providers from getting detailed information on blocked or restricted numbers for calls and text. Also, due to federal privacy requirements calls and text are able to have their numbers hidden. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
KMF73
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same thing on my usage.

0 Likes
Xbrk1436
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine too did anyone figure this out

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xbrk1436, we understand the importance of wanting to know exactly what the 999-999-9999 text records mean, we're here to help. This occurs if a computer or private text is generated. This could steam from a password reset text codes or security verification codes. Therefore, this means it's not coming from a traditional 10-digit phone number. Does this provide clarity?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes