upgrading
zoevstew

i want to upgrade my phone but I'm wondering what the smarter decision is: upgrade with the edge program with my existing number and then change my number (because i want it changed regardless of what i do) or just close out my number/phone all together and start over and get a new number/phone with the edge program (because i def want to use this deal)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: upgrading
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What plan are you on currently and how many GB of data do you get each month?

What phone are you wanting to get?

I would get a new phone first, and then change your number. You can do it online:

My Verizon | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What plan are you on currently and how many GB of data do you get each month?

What phone are you wanting to get?

I would get a new phone first, and then change your number. You can do it online:

My Verizon | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
zoevstew

unl talk/text and 20 gb shared with 3 other ppl. i want the iPhone 6+

0 Likes
zoevstew

i kind of am also just wondering if it will only add $31 dollars to our bill with no hidden fees involved

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are the other 2 lines on a contract? 2 year or edge? (just want to make sure you're getting all your savings)

0 Likes
zoevstew

uno talk/text 20 gb shared with 3 other ppl. and i want the iPhone 6+, but will it only add $31 to our bill with no hidden fees?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Get the iPhone on the Edge program. You will get to save $25 on the $40 access line fee and then the 16gb iPhone monthly payment is $31.24.

If you do a 2-year contract the 16gb iPhone is $300, but you have to pay a $40 line access fee, no discount.

Edge program makes the iPhone around $150 after keeping it 2 years.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

IF you are on contract now adding iPhone on Edge with $31 payment fee, but you get -$25 discount for Edge, so net is on,y $6 more per month. 

I Would advise upgrade Edge, then change your number. 

mama23dogs
Legend

You asked about hidden fees.   There is no fee to upgrade with Edge, but you do pay sales tax up front on the retail cost of the phone.   Because of this, you don't pay communications tax on the installment payments on your monthly bill  ( which can be very high, depending on your state.  California has 25% comment tax, Florida is 22%, Connecticut is a mere 13% )

0 Likes