texts dont go thru on family iphones unless we arrive home.
LAGAVULIN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just bought iPhone 6s+ for 3 of us and one iPhone SE.  Texts to and from each other will NOT go through until we arrive home.  I have turned iCloud off and on, wireless off and on, etc.  Using same carrier but these are our first iPhones.  Cannot figure it out.....

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: texts dont go thru on family iphones unless we arrive home.
Weth
Legend

Do you have cellular data turned on? iMessages are not texts in the traditional SMS sense, and need data to go through. If you have cellular data off, it won't go through until you get wifi at home. Are you able to surf the web when you are out?

What settings do you have for:

Settings/Messages - iMessage, Sens as SMS, Send and Receive, SMS/MMS, text message forwarding

Settings/Cellular - Cellular Data, Cellular Data options

Also confirm you are using the messages built in app and not a third part app (Verizon Message+, whatsapp etc).

Re: texts dont go thru on family iphones unless we arrive home.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your texting is working like it should. How long has your texting not worked? Do regular texts go through to other people?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!