many calls from unknown numbers, phone doesn't ring, no voicemails
modgma

My iPhone 6s has been showing many calls from unknown numbers among the list of recent calls. The phone does not ring when these calls come in, even though the ringer is at full volume, the silencer button is not engaged, and I have the phone next to me, so these calls are listed as missed calls. No voicemails are registered. Are these robocalls that Verizon is blocking? This began around the first of February.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: many calls from unknown numbers, phone doesn't ring, no voicemails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Modgma, this is very alarming and we are here to help you get to the bottom of this to find out what is causing this issue with these calls. Have you set up any restrictions on your account lately? Have you answered any of these calls recently?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
modgma

I have not set up any restrictions on my account, and I have not answered any of these calls, because I don't know about them until a little number pops up on my phone icon, telling me that I missed a call. Just to clarify, all these calls have numbers, but no caller ID. Some of them are from out of state.

0 Likes
modgma

Regarding the calls from numbers unknown to me: I compared my recent calls list with my husband's. The calls that appeared on my phone were calls that rang on his phone and were answered by him. We both have iPhone 6s and are on a shared account. However, we have been on the same Verizon account for years, with identical Android phones until last fall, and I have never before seen his calls on my phone. Is this an Apple issue?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you both are sharing the same Apple ID. It's not a "problem" so much as a setup issue that can be easily fixed. The recommended thing is that you both have your own Apple ID's. Then you can use Family Share if you want to be able to share things like iTunes purchases (apps, music, etc).

0 Likes