iphone 6 GPS accuracy
JCOLE1982

I've been struggling with terrible GPS accuracy for months.  GoogleMaps, Apple maps are both seeing the same issues.  Inaccurate, sluggish and sometimes I'm forced to pull off the road while I wait on the GPS to find its brain.

I've reset phone, network and other settings and I always have WIFI on.  Mentioned to my wife this morning and she has been having the same issue. Googled the issue and found that Verizon seems to be the problem.  Low and behold, there are posts all over the Verizon community about this same issue.

Given that I'm not that happy with Verizon's coverage in and around zip code 76446, it is probably time to switch back to AT&T.  Before I do that, I wanted to give Verizon a chance to fix this.  It will cost me $90 to buy out the balance on my phone and I'll do that if I have to but won't stay with Verizon if they can't get this fixed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 6 GPS accuracy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JCOLE1982, we truly appreciate you reaching out and giving us the opportunity to assist. As I use my GPS regularly, and know that having that working smoothly is imperative. When did you first notice issues with this? Do you find that it only happens within this zip code? Please go to the Settings, General, About and check which version your phone currently has and let us know.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JCOLE1982

Version 10.2.2 (14D27). Software is not the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JCOLE1982,

First and foremost, it would be a terrible thing to lose you as a customer. I wouldn't be able to function if I had service issues. I personally rely on my GPS everyday. I'll be happy to help. When did this start happening? What happens if you completely turn off Wi-Fi, does it work better? Any other services effected besides GPS?

RyanC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JCOLE1982

As I said in my first post, I’ve been through all the message boards and tried all the suggested fixes/repairs and nothing solves the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JCOLE82, we appreciate you following up with us and letting us know what steps you utilized so far with troubleshooting. We'd like to help review your phone further and assist with pinpointing the direct cause of these issues. If you have not reached out to customer service for additional troubleshooting assistance please send me a DM. I have sent you a Follow request. Please Follow back, and you will have the option to send us a DM.

Thank you. We look forward to assisting you further.

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
winny2

I have the same problem with my iPhone 6.  I read that replacing the WiFi Antenna signal Cable ribbon fixes this problem.  Is this correct?

0 Likes
bmwilder139

I'm having the same issue.  I have restored my phone, set it up as a new iPhone, and done everything that Apple has told me.  Still having issues.  Apple believes it's network related, Verizon believes it's software related.  Apple says it's not software because I have restored and set up as new and still had issues.  Noone wants to worry with it.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes