iPhone 6 trade-in promotion woes!
SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have received two cancelation emails on my trade-in phones from Verizon. Both times I followed the instructions given by Verizon to verify that I had a valid order for two iPhone 6 phones. BTW-each time the instructions were different! Now that my phones are here and even activated on the Verizon network I have not received my packages to trade in my phones nor an email saying they are on their way. Checking the trade-in status tells me only that the phones haven't been received. It's hard for them to get the phones when they haven't mailed me the envelopes but there is nothing about that listed online. Now when I call their number I can't get through to anyone. The system is so full that there is a recorded set of directions to follow which I've done with no reply and if I stay on the phone to talk to a rep the system just hangs up. Nothing seems to work online to get this trade in underway and the guy in the store yesterday REFUSED to help. He claimed that because I was trying to trade-in my phones online that he couldn't help. THIS WHOLE TRADE-IN IS NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT.

My new phones are working great, now I want to trade-in my old ones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 trade-in promotion woes!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SamuelAdams, Your woes are valid and important to us! It's disheartening to learn of your delay in reaching a live representative. Did you receive a confirmation email once the orders were confirmed?  Please share. We want to do all we can to be helpful in this.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only emails I have received are the ones denying my trade-ins and the ones about the shipment of my iPhones. What I'm missing is and new communications on the trade-ins and/or the materials to send in my old phones.

It's impossible to send in my trade-ins if I don't get what I need to send them in. In the mean time I'm also out $400.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamuelAdams,

Thanks for the information.  Do the emails state why your trade-ins are being denied?  What model iPhones are you trading in?  I understand that you need the envelope to send the phones back in.  Were you at a corporate Verizon Wireless location attempting to trade the device in?  Please fill us in on some further details.  Thanks

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally decided to just resubmit my trade-in requests. The emails came from Verizon stating that my trade-in materials are in the mail. We'll see if they ever get here.

Another Verizon rep stated:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support (to cjs9473) 4 days ago

cjs9473,

We want you to feel safe in participating in the trade in program. If you would like you can visit a corporate VZW location http://vz.to/Z26SAQ and do the trade in on the spot, as long as the iPhone 6 was purchased through VZW, and all other eligibility requirements are met. With this option you would not have to worry about sending the device through the mail.

LindseyT_VZW

Is this true?

0 Likes
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

" If you would like you can visit a corporate VZW location http://vz.to/Z26SAQ and do the trade in on the spot, as long as the iPhone 6 was purchased through VZW"

^  This!

0 Likes
cjs9473
Enthusiast - Level 3

It was true for me.  I had signed up online for my trade but felt nervous about mailing it after seeing the materials they give you to send it back. I could just see mine being under some huge heavy box and the screen getting cracked.  When I went to a Verizon corporate store, at first the rep didn't think he would be able to accept it since I had already set it up online, but he came back and said it worked! I got my $200 credit applied to my account.  I know almost everyone on this forum has had horror stories to tell, but I must say that everything worked in my favor throughout this whole process.

LRBrown
Enthusiast - Level 3

Save yourself the hassle and sell it yourself, sending it to Verizon will be a nightmare.

Just canceled iphone 6, beware of Verizon Trade in program. Regret it all.

lejenkins

I am getting mixed messages on this issue. I submitted my trade in request on September 30th and have called the phone number 3 times since, once after 5 days to hear the recording that said 10 business days, a second time after 10 business days to hear the recording that said 14 business days and then a third time today, to hear a busy signal. So with much frustration I called the general customer service line after looking at this thread and she told me that no, I cannot take my phone into the store to trade in, that I would have to wait for my shipping materials and that she would re-send them out to me today. Allegedly, I should receive them in 2 business days, then I still have to wait until they receive it (hopefully undamaged from mailing, I will be taking pictures of the device prior to mailing) and then another 2 weeks after that before I FINALLY receive my $200 credit on my account. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! This whole ordeal has felt like a complete bait and switch.

So in the interest of being productive, you should probably remove the post saying you can take it into the store, if you cannot in fact to that.

0 Likes
Blaine50

I am currently waiting my packaging for the iphone trade in.  I had an email reply from Verizon stating that I would get the packaging items 5 business days.  That was on October 11.  I made many attempts to call but only got a busy signal, then finally got through and I was told by a recording that we should receive packaging within 14 business days.  It is now been more than 14 days and no packaging.  What is our recourse if Verizon does not follow through in what they have stated in their advertising.  I am a new customer and specifically bought an iphone 6 prior Oct 15 believing I would get money for a trade. 

0 Likes