iPhone 6 trade-in program gift card error by Verizon
perfectbound

Good morning,

I need help with my submission to your trade-in program as i believe it was processed in error by the administrators of the Verizon Trade-In Program.

I received an electronic gift card with a $36 value instead of $200 for my excellent condition iPhone 4s as part of the iPhone 6 upgrade program. The reason for the lower amount on the trade-in status page is “Activation Lock Not Deactivated.” This is not correct as I did deactivate it and confirmed that on Apple’s https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/ activation lock status site.

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 10.45.03 AM.png

Please let me know who I should PM my trade in submission #, iPhone 4s serial #, and gift card info to review this.

PS. The reason I am posting this is that your trade-in customer support number 877-247-3846 does not go to a hold queue or voicemail record option and sometimes will just goes to a fast busy signal all of the times I've tried calling over the last few days.

Appreciate your help,

perfectbound@hotmail.com

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 trade-in program gift card error by Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

perfectbound

I'm very sorry to hear about any trouble with your trade-in submission! I understand how important it is to make sure everything is taken care of correctly. I understand you're having trouble getting in touch with our Trade-In team at 877-247-3846. Since our Trade-In team is the correct path to go to get this resolved, I do recommend sending an email if that works better for you! You can reach them at support@online.trade-in.vzw.com

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

perfectbound

I'm very sorry to hear about any trouble with your trade-in submission! I understand how important it is to make sure everything is taken care of correctly. I understand you're having trouble getting in touch with our Trade-In team at 877-247-3846. Since our Trade-In team is the correct path to go to get this resolved, I do recommend sending an email if that works better for you! You can reach them at support@online.trade-in.vzw.com

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gevalt

I wanted to add my voice to the growing chorus of people complaining about VZW's trade in program. i received the exact same excuse for denying the full value of my perfectly good and DEACTIVATED iphone 4s.

i DID manage to get through to the trade in team, and after explaining the situation, i was told that my problem could be escalated the the tech team. the anonymous trade-in woman transfers me to the normal VZW cust support line... huh?

i wait again and finally get through. unlike the trade-in woman, the cust support rep immediately identifies himself. willie was as helpful as he was allowed to be, but sadly, that wasn't very much. the trade in people and VZW hold all of the cards.

THEY say that the de-activation lock wasn't turned off, i say it was.

there is no way to prove either assertion.

there is no appeal.

they just deny, deny, deny, as evidenced by all of the other complaints posted here and elsewhere.

willie WAS able however, to get me an additional credit for my 'inconvenience'.

while i genuinely appreciate his effort on my behalf, it doesn't absolve the company from the way they handle the trade-in program, whether it's farmed out to a 3rd party or not.

i will be filing complaints with the PSC, BBB, and NYS Att'y General.

0 Likes
perfectbound

Hi gevalt,

Please see my response to this other post. VZW resolves the issue in my case.

Re: Device Recycling Program is a nightmare!!!!!

0 Likes