iPhone 6 "Cannot Determine Location" on Cellular Network (no wifi)
rich897

I've been having this problem with my iPhone6 for a month or so. Whenever I leave a wifi network and use cellular only, the Location Services do not work at all. I've tried switching to airplane mode and back, turning location services off and then on and rebooting the phone. Still when I open up a map (either Apple or Google Maps), it shows my location as the last wifi I connected to (typically this is my home). Today this is 450 miles away.

If I find a wifi, then it will update the location...

So none of the apps that use location will work without me being on wifi - and this is an iPhone with Verizon!

Config... iOS 8.3, carrier Verizon 19.0 iPhone6 128GB.

Help! Does anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 "Cannot Determine Location" on Cellular Network (no wifi)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Rich897-

We understand how important it is to have locations services working.  That is very beneficial when you're on the road.  Let's check your phone settings.  Please select Privacy>Location Services>and ensure the Maps app says While using the app.  Give that a try and keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Rich897-

We understand how important it is to have locations services working.  That is very beneficial when you're on the road.  Let's check your phone settings.  Please select Privacy>Location Services>and ensure the Maps app says While using the app.  Give that a try and keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
rich897

Hi and thank you. I have checked that Maps in Location Services is set to "While Using".

When I am not on WiFi - the location is not available to any App that uses the location, examples Uber, Weather and so on. I have checked that Location Services are "On".

Each App that needs Location shows the message "Cannot Determine Location" or "Could not Detect your Location". If I connect to WiFi then the location is almost immediately updated and available. It never updates without WiFi....

0 Likes