iPhone 6 constantly loses wifi connection
Tredwellellen

my phone is constantly switching from wifi to LTE. It happens in my home and everywhere else that I have known networks. Sometimes when I try to connect again it doesn't give me any options of networks to connect to. How can I solve this? Is this s known problem with the iphone 6. I just recently upgraded from a 4s. kinda wishing I hadn't.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 constantly loses wifi connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Tredwellellen,

I'm sure it must be frustrating to constantly be kicked off your WiFi connection! We can definitely investigate this. We want you to enjoy your new phone, and not pine for the old days. Please go to Settings>General>About, and share the Version number of your device. When did you get your device? Has this always been an issue, or did it just start recently?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Tredwellellen

8.3 (12f70) is the version. I reset network settings and it seems even worse today.

0 Likes
Tredwellellen

I've had the phone for about 3 weeks or so. I noticed it happening right away. Sometimes I can't find any known networks to join once I'm kicked off wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
This is really odd and shouldn't be happening, Tredwellellen! Being so new, it should be working flawlessly. However, I appreciate all you've tried so far. Please try powering off, removing SIM card for 30 seconds, and then restart. Let's see if this helps. Please keep us posted. http://vz.to/1xpCHlo

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for the information, Tredwellellen. Do you have any issues with other wireless radios such as bluetooth or wireless services? ( voice, data or text ) How before the networks appear again? Does toggling airplane bring about available Wi-Fi networks?
YosefT_VZW
0 Likes
Tredwellellen

I've only noticed it with surfing the web or Facebook apps. I don't use bluetooth. I took out the SIM card and put it back. I've also tried a factory reset. It keeps happening. As soon as I notice the LTE I go to settings and of course it says not connected. Then it will usually say connected again with in seconds.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

When is the last time you reboot your router? Unplug the router wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in see if that helps.

0 Likes
Tredwellellen

We tried that on Sunday.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It's not a Known problem.  If it is happening on multiple different networks that points to hardware problem on the phone.   Probably best to take to Apple Store for look. 

0 Likes