iPhone 6 Upgrade Mass Confusion - Store Clueless
ce_erickson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been surfing about these forums searching for a complete answer, and have attempted to use google to find better results with no luck. The issue is I have an iPhone 5S. Like many people, I read recent news releases citing Verizons upgrade offers for iPhone 6.

For example:

Cnet: http://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-offers-free-iphone-6-with-trade-in-2-year-contract/

TechTimes: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/15686/20140917/verizon-will-allow-you-to-upgrade-early-to-iphone-6...

From my mobile device I followed whatever cue I could to take advantage of the offers stated. In the process, I was put into the iPhone trade in program, which was summarily cancelled by Verizon for reasons that are unclear.

To get clarity, I went to the verizon store, citing the articles of these popular news outlets that surely have their facts straight and the store manager of the Peabody MA store said these programs did not exist and I could only buy an iPhone 6 for retail want wait for it to come into stock or wait until I was eligible for an upgrade. They repeatedly stated there is no special offer and politely sent me on my way.

So, what are the exact terms of the programs claimed. Where are the specific terms of the offer on Verizon's website? This whole process is way more opaque than it should be.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 Upgrade Mass Confusion - Store Clueless
B33
Legend

Offers made online differ somewhat to that in the stores, and some stores follow online prices allot of times it's up to the Manager.. as I've ran into,  This is what I would do Call  Customer service if your have a computer get on the Verizon Site choose your location using your Zip Code and go over the prices with a customer care agent they can give you a break Down of prices just a have Notebook handy or as mentioned use the Verizon Site to see what they can offer to you according to your account..

Here is Customer Services Numbers  1-800-922-0204 or by Cell * 611 there open till 11 pm mountain Time..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Upgrade Mass Confusion - Store Clueless
B33
Legend

Offers made online differ somewhat to that in the stores, and some stores follow online prices allot of times it's up to the Manager.. as I've ran into,  This is what I would do Call  Customer service if your have a computer get on the Verizon Site choose your location using your Zip Code and go over the prices with a customer care agent they can give you a break Down of prices just a have Notebook handy or as mentioned use the Verizon Site to see what they can offer to you according to your account..

Here is Customer Services Numbers  1-800-922-0204 or by Cell * 611 there open till 11 pm mountain Time..

0 Likes