iPhone 6 $200 trade-in troubles
tomofo

Has anyone else had trouble with the appraisal process? I did my iphone 4, and accepted the offer, then bought (ordered) an iphone 6 +. I got an email confirming the purchase, but not the trade-in. That was the 27th of September. My phone arrived today but I was expecting shipping materials to send in my old phone, but there were none. Called Verizon, and they can't seem to find any information about my trade-in. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 $200 trade-in troubles
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tomofo,

We can help you get to the bottom of this! Although we do not have access to any Trade In information I highly recommend you reach out to our Trade In department by sending them an email from the Contact Us section here: http://bit.ly/GGnDDC . Keep in mind they are currently receiving a high volume of inquiries so please allow 3-5 business days for a reply.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tomofo

Thanks for the response SarahO.

I did call, was listening to muzac for quite some time.  The representative couldn't find any record either and she indicated that they were inundated. I tried the website but I don't have a submission number and it didn't show any results. I figured it would be in an email with the transaction. I never got an email regarding the trade-in at all. I did get a reminder on the 10th to make sure to take advantage of the trade-in program, but as I had already done that, actually that was the first step in my purchase/order, I ignored that email.

I took a screenshot of the questions that were asked about my current phone and there was some fine print at the bottom. I clicked proceed and was given the $200 offer. I accepted the offer, and another screen came up confirming. I thought that I had a screen shot of that page as well, but I don't see it. I closed that screen and proceeded with the order/purchase. Let me say that I wouldn't have bought the phone I did had it not been for the trade-in on my other phone. Frankly, I would've just gone to Walmart and purchased a S5 for $90 or $100.  So, if my trade-in has disappeared or is lost then I will likely return the iPhone 6 +.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tomofo,

I appreciate all the details. If anyone can locate this information is our Trade-In department; I apologize for the hold time and inconvenience. I can definitely look into it if you'd like. Please follow and send me a Direct Message here.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
mare19136
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wouldnt worry about it. You won't get anywhere near what they say even if your phone is in perfect condition.

I was told I'd get $200 and today received my gift card for $36. Said I did not deactivate the activation lock.

It seems to be a big scam.

tomofo

AdaS_VZW

I am not a twitter person,

How exactly do I proceed? Or follow?

0 Likes
tomofo

AdaS_VZW

How do I follow?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  adas_vzw

0 Likes
tomofo

Verizon, I have been a good customer for many years now. As a result of my experience my intention is to return my iphone 6 plus for exchange for a lesser phone that is Free, and at the completion of my contract terminate my wireless service with your company. Actually, I may not even wait that long.

0 Likes
r2jen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm right there with you!!! This is the worst to feel like you have done everything right and then you still get the shaft!!  I am having a similar experience!!!

0 Likes