iOS 11 and Mac Wifi Calling
vzz000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before the iOS 11 update, I was able to use FaceTime on my Mac to make phone calls using Verizon without my phone being on, or in range.

Since the iOS 11 upgrade, it does not work anymore, unless my phone is in range, and FaceTime on my Mac shows "using your iPhone" when it dials.

Is anyone experiencing this issue?

iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 11.0

Mac with macOS 10.12.6

All Software Updates are applied to both iPhone and Mac

I tried to reset the network settings on my iPhone.  I also disabled all the settings, restarted both iPhone and the Mac and re-apply it.  FaceTime in the Mac still shows "using your iPhone"

See attached screen shots.

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpg

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iOS 11 and Mac Wifi Calling
vzz000
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems the issue resolved itself after upgrading my Mac to macOS High Sierra 10.13

View solution in original post

s_patel3220
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same issue. Upgraded to iOS 11 a few days ago. Everything is set up correctly, but it still shows as "Using Your iPhone" when I make a call from my iMac.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry for any and all issues with your software update. Let me ask a couple questions. Did you have this issue only since updating to iOS 11, and did this ever happen with a previous version?

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzz000
Enthusiast - Level 2

it was working fine right up to the iOS 11 upgrade.  I know this because I use it for work all day, every day.

0 Likes
vzz000
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems the issue resolved itself after upgrading my Mac to macOS High Sierra 10.13

s_patel3220
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. After I upgraded to macOS High Sierra, the issue was fixed. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
rogervba

I'm having an issue with WiFi calling being shotty and failing. never had the issue before and I can do calls fine via skype on my laptop.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

0 Likes
ASRICHMAN

Is there any way to fix this without upgrading to High Sierra?  The upgrade will cause problems for other software I have. I currently run Yosemite.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rogervba, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Does this happen when calling certain phone numbers or all phone numbers? When did this issue start?  Is Wi-Fi enabled on in the Settings of your phone?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rogervba

Hi,

WiFi is enabled. It happens on all calls and it started after I upgraded to IOS11.

My wife's phone is still on IOS10 and isn't having the problem and my work laptop is calling via skype fine.

Thanks

0 Likes