filing an insurance claim - the run-around
ch603

My iPhone 6 needs to be replaced and I have the Asurion insurance which my malfunctions 'qualify' for. HOWEVER, I visit Verizon's website to locate the "file a claim" link. Leads me to the Asurion website which prompts me to enter my mobile device. Leads me a phone number which I call. Leads me to a chat site which I open on my iPhone. Leads me to a automated chat that can't understand what I want and wants me to file a claim.

I'm getting dizzy! My phone dials 4 randomly; closes applications while using them; hangs up on people and is old. It's time for a replacement... if I can get there.

Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: filing an insurance claim - the run-around
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You say it wants you to file a claim which is what you do if you want a replacement so I don't get your issue? Also why are you suign Assurion and not Applecare? Thirdly why have insurance on such an old device? It's really a waste of money( insurance in general is a waste, but in this case it really is ). With all the insurance payments you made and the deducatble you'll have to pay you could have gotten a new phone. And they'll just send you a refurb.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

paying for insurance on a phone that's over 2 years old??

have you tried calling on a landline??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ch603, 

I'm so sorry to hear of all the confusion surrounding your device replacement! We'd like to help, so you can get a working phone as quickly as possible. Can you tell us more about the issues you are having with your phone, that have prompted you to seek a replacement? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes