callers can't hear me
Katilmp

callers can't hear me, I'm muffled.  I have a minimal case, but this has not been a problem until about 2-3 weeks ago.  If my headset is on or I'm on speaker phone, they can hear me fine.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: callers can't hear me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Katilmp,

That is definitely odd and we want your calls to come in crystal clear. Since this started have there been any recent changes to the device? Any new applications, applications updates, or software updates? Have you tried calls without any cases or covers to ensure the mic is not obstructed? Do you see any dirt or debris in or near the mic? Does this happen everywhere or in specific locations?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jljolly0426

I am having the same issue.  First it was with using my headset.  Then I stopped using the headset and was talking directly into the phone.  Now, even with talking directly into the phone, my calls are muffled and often times dropped.  I've done a soft reset.  My iOS is updated.  Any ideas of what it could be?  Should I take it into a store and have it looked at?  I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 in February, so it's not even a year old.

0 Likes
Smandben1

Help! People say I'm muffled. It sounds like I'm in a tunnel. It states the first week I had the phone. It's a couple months old. I think phone is defective. What can I do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smandben1 It must have been a difficult few months. We wish you would have reached out to us right away. Does this happen all the time? Have you added and new apps or software updates? May we have your zip code?

DeloresK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Smandben1

It's horrible. I use my phone for business a lot and it's embarrassing they can't hear me. I wish i returned the phone right away. It's not very cal but I don't k ow because it's only when the other person tells me they can't hear me. I'm always adding apps and doing whatever updates pop up. I live in 11552

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smandben1, I know how important it is to have clear calls, especially when running a business with your phone. Let's work together to get this resolved. Please follow the steps here to troubleshoot the microphone audio for your device: 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Smandben1

Follow what steps?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies, Smandben1,

Here is the link for troubleshooting your device.  Click "Get Started" and then type in microphone to select the microphone issue while on calls.

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes