Why is my phone using data when I'm sleeping?
DOUBLA77

Why is my phone using data when I'm asleep? Updates are turned off

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data utilization
Weth
Legend

Also make sure you are reading the logs correctly. If your log is like this:

9:30 A      5 MB

3:30 A  456 MB

10:30 P      8 MB

3:00 P   127 MB

In the example above, 456 MB was not used at 3:30 AM while you were sleeping. It was used between 3:30 AM and 9:30 AM, thus likely used while you were on your way to work or at work. Also 127 MB was not used at 3:00 while you were at work, but rather between 3:00 PM and 10:30 PM, which includes your travel home.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your My Verizon account as well as your iPhone's data tool that gives a general breakdown of data consumption and see what they show.

Does your particular model have the WiFi Assist feature? If so, is it enabled or disabled?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Also make sure you are reading the logs correctly. If your log is like this:

9:30 A      5 MB

3:30 A  456 MB

10:30 P      8 MB

3:00 P   127 MB

In the example above, 456 MB was not used at 3:30 AM while you were sleeping. It was used between 3:30 AM and 9:30 AM, thus likely used while you were on your way to work or at work. Also 127 MB was not used at 3:00 while you were at work, but rather between 3:00 PM and 10:30 PM, which includes your travel home.

0 Likes
ralpht_vzw
Verizon Employee

Doug, we want to make sure your data is being calculated correctly.  We will provide some additional information regarding data usage.  You do not have to be using data for it to come into the system.  The system can take 24 to 48 hours to update.  For more information on how to check you usage follow the link: http://vz.to/2cbH8Nd

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes