Why does my iPhone keep asking to be activated?
BRYMCQ69
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have an IPhone 6S on our plan that my girlfriend uses.  We have had it since June and she will pick it up and it will go to the start up screen and want to re-activate the phone.  You can only then activate it again on Wi-FI.  This pretty makes having a cell phone useless when you can't use it.  This has happened at least 1-2 times a week since we got the phone.  I have went through the settings over and over again and see nothing that would cause you to have to activate the phone over and over.  When I picked up the phone we added another line for her daughter, then gave her daughter the 6plus that my girlfriend had previously been using.  When they started the activation process on the 6S the SIM card that came with the phone would not work so they got another from the back.  It worked great for a day and the re-activation stuff started.  We were away from home the first day and her phone was locked and could not be used.  I had to make my phone a hotspot and reactivate the phone.  This has continued again and again.  Please help.  Is this an IPhone issue or a Verizon issue either way I want it fixed.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone keeps asking to activate and will not pick up Cellular signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRYMCQ69, I appreciate those additional details. That is definitely an add occurrence. I would recommend a restore of the device and if the issue still persists, a new SIM card should be used. If the problem still occurs after trying both of these things, then the device will likely need to be replaced under the warranty.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

So it was activated them became unactivated?  It will only ask for carrier activation if you erase and reset the iPhone. Sounds like an iPhone issue, would suggest to visit a Apple Store.

0 Likes
aNewDayDawns

This happened to my husband last week with his 5s that he has had for three years. I was with him, so he could use my phone as a hot spot. It hadn't happened before, and hasn't happened again. We're still mystified...

0 Likes
anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I can only imagine how upsetting that must be to have the iPhone 6s continue to de-activate. Let’s jump right in and find a solution. Is there any physical or liquid damage on the phone? What software version do you have installed currently? Click here: http://vz.to/2dQCvGY . Please share any troubleshooting steps you have already taken so we are on the same page. If this turns out to be software related I recommend a restore through iTunes. Click here for the steps: http://apple.co/1q6WghU .

AnthonyC_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRYMCQ69
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happened the day after we purchased the phone new from Verizon and it continiues to happen.  It is not on a timeframe but usually happens at the least opportune moment.  There is no damage to the phone what so ever.  Has never been wet and never been dropped.  The phone has been in a case since we got the phone.  The phone has the latest and greatest IOS and it happened even after the new software release. 

The only thing that we haven't tried is to reset the phone and start over.  I backed up her old phone on my IMac using ITunes.  I also maintain my phone backup as well as three IPads and two IPods on the same computer.  Could this be causing the issue?  I am not sure that could be it since I just purchased a new IPhone 7 and restored it from a backup of my 6 on the very same computer and I have had no issues. 

I would really like to solve this issue. 

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRYMCQ69, I appreciate those additional details. That is definitely an add occurrence. I would recommend a restore of the device and if the issue still persists, a new SIM card should be used. If the problem still occurs after trying both of these things, then the device will likely need to be replaced under the warranty.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes