Why does my battery die when there is still a charge?
NANKE99
Enthusiast - Level 1

my phone has recently been going dead when the battery is charged.  usually around 25% or a little less.  the first few times i was able to restart

by holding screen & side buttons at the same time, but this is no longer working.  other random functions sometimes don't work.

the phone is only about a year old.  what is happening and how do i fix inexpensively?  i do have the standard insurance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why does my battery go dead when charged?
Weth
Legend

Did you recently update to iOS 10? There is a known bug that is affecting some iPhone 5S, 6, and 6S with iOS 10 that causes phones to shut down with 30%+/- or so of battery left. I would talk with Apple.

Apple iOS 10 bug said to cause rapid battery drain - Business Insider

Apple iOS 10.2 Has Three Nasty Surprises

iOS 10 Issues: 'Bug' Causes Poor Battery Performance In Older iPhone 5s, 6 and 6s : TECH : Tech Time...

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

Did you recently update to iOS 10? There is a known bug that is affecting some iPhone 5S, 6, and 6S with iOS 10 that causes phones to shut down with 30%+/- or so of battery left. I would talk with Apple.

Apple iOS 10 bug said to cause rapid battery drain - Business Insider

Apple iOS 10.2 Has Three Nasty Surprises

iOS 10 Issues: 'Bug' Causes Poor Battery Performance In Older iPhone 5s, 6 and 6s : TECH : Tech Time...

NANKE99
Enthusiast - Level 1

ah...  thanks!  yes i did update recently- not sure if the time correlates, but sounds quite plausible! 

Smiley Happy

0 Likes