Why can't I use data while on a call?
Mollyemy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why i cannot access anything while in a phone call even the cellular option has boice and data selected

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice only no data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone working properly. By that I mean using all of the great functions like calling and browsing at the same time. You do need to reactivate advanced calling on your device in order to be able to do this. You will need to go to: Settings> Cellular>Enable LTE>Voice and Data. Make sure there is a check next to this category. Restart the device and test it out. Keep us updated.
NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your line have the Advanced Calling feature enabled on your VZW account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mollyemy
Enthusiast - Level 1

No. I have never done. But the option was working before

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure that you didn't have wifi access during the previous tines you used voice and data simultaneously?

The iPhone has never been able to use voice and data simultaneously until Advanced Calling because of the hardware limitations Apple placed on the iPhones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Mollyemy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Then may be I had it enabled. My daughter has the option. I have reset the iPhone recently so i guess that option was removed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone working properly. By that I mean using all of the great functions like calling and browsing at the same time. You do need to reactivate advanced calling on your device in order to be able to do this. You will need to go to: Settings> Cellular>Enable LTE>Voice and Data. Make sure there is a check next to this category. Restart the device and test it out. Keep us updated.
NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Mollyemy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you I was missing the last step which to turn the phone off and on. I just did it and it worked.

0 Likes
cmduval448

my iPhone 6s won't let me change to voice and data. It is greyed out and I cannot select. Any solutions for this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cmduval448,

Having a phone that isn't working properly is definitely concerning and we are here to help get you some answers now. Has your phone ever been able to use the voice and data option on this particular phone? Can you share your current software version? Have there been any recent changes made to your phone?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes

my LTE,VolTE On is grayed out, I can not shoosw

check on LTE, VoLTE Off

So how can I turn on

0 Likes