Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,899 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Why can't I send texts to non-iPhone users?
SAW339
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 6s and my texts to iPhone users go through no problem, but my texts to Android users are undeliverable no matter how many times I send them. I have iMessage turned on, I have "Send as SMS" clicked on and my "Send & Receive" number is my phone number. What can I do to fix this ASAP?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
Re: Why can't I send texts to non-iPhone users?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's vital to have the ability to text all phones, SAW339. I'm here to help. What messaging app do you use? When did this start? Do you receive an error message?

TracyB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SAW339
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has a red exclamation point in a circle and says "Not delivered" below

every text that doesn't send. Thanks for helping!

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
SAW339
Enthusiast - Level 2

And I use the iPhone's built-in text app, not one that I downloaded.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to send texts to everyone, regardless of what kind if phone they are using, SAW339. Are you able to receive messages from Android Users? When did this begin? For sending basic SMS Text messages, it may help if you have SMS enabled. You can view instructions for enabling SMS by following this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206988/. If SMS Messaging is not enabled, your messages will be sent via iMessage as data instead of text.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
SQUASHPOPPY

I am having the same issue - on my new iphone6, I can received but I cannot send messages to non-iphone users - I get a "Not delivered" message immediately after trying to send. (I can send and receive messages to/from iphone users just fine). Had a support session with Apple and they checked all settings on my phone. Does anyone know the answer to this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important for your new iPhone to be in perfect working order, SQUASHPOPPY. Thanks for taking that extra step to partner with Apple Support, we can further assist with your messaging concerns. Are you able to make and receive calls? Is LTE data working when WiFi is turned off? Is your software up to date at the moment: http://apple.co/2hqKhJh ?

Lauren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kbbraman

is there a resolution to this problem? I see the same thing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kbbraman,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with sending text messages. This is the #1 way I stay in contact and I'll be happy to help fix this. Can you tell me when this first started? Is this only happening with certain contacts or all contacts?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
daisyeli95

This is happening to me with only certain android contacts. I have "send as SMS" turned on. 

0 Likes