Why can't I receive group texts?
proudaunt62

I just upgraded my iphone 4 to an iphone 6.  Since then, I do not receive group messages, or they arrive days later.  I have group messaging, iMessage, SMS and MMS all turned on. I had a friend (who also has an iphone) include me in a group text.  It was over an hour ago and I have yet to receive it, but the others in the group got it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem receiving group texts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for providing that insight.I would suggest completing a reset of the network settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will remove previously saved Wi-Fi networks. After the reset, you will need to re-enter passwords where necessary.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'd love to ensure that your new device is running in top form! May I ask if data services are working on the device? ( ie, the browser ) Do you have any delay in MMS? ( picture or video ) Were these threads that were also on the iPhone 4? If so, I would suggest deleting them and restarting the group message.
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
proudaunt62

Thanks for your response. Data services work, I have no issues using browsers. There is no delay in MMS messages. The group texts that I did not receive until 1-2 days after they were sent were all new threads. I suspected a problem in receiving group texts, so I asked a friend to send one to me and two other mutual friends. I was standing by her when she sent them at around 1:30 pm, the others received it immediately while I did not receive it until 8:15 the next morning. She sent it from an iPhone. The recipients, including myself, were two iPhones and one Droid.

Sue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for providing that insight.I would suggest completing a reset of the network settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will remove previously saved Wi-Fi networks. After the reset, you will need to re-enter passwords where necessary.

YosefT_VZW
0 Likes