Why are videos blurry when I watch them on the internet?
KaTeDickman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! I have an iPhone 6 Plus. Any time I try to watch a video on Facebook or YouTube or anywhere it's so blurry and the picture is horrible. Anyone else have this problem?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Videos are blurry when I watch them on the internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Facebook and YouTube both default to a low video quality setting on mobile data. Some things to consider when replying to Verizon above:

• Is your phone on LTE, or 3G? Do you have the LTE Disabled? (Turn on the LTE...)
  • A great speed test site I like to use is http://dslreports.com/speedtest . The link can be shared and this works within Safari.
  • Check your Facebook settings for default video quality. Facebook will allow you to force videos to HD. YouTube on iPhone unfortunately is glued to "Auto" meaning it's up to the Internet connection to be fast.

Also, please be sure that you test both Wi-Fi and Cellular data. As the iPhone 6 Plus has a large screen, and your home Wi-Fi is unable to keep up with HD streaming, you may have to consider talking with your ISP to ensure you receive 5Mbps or better. Verizon Wireless advertises 5-12Mbps on their LTE network (be aware of the data caps), which is sufficient for HD playback. Verizon Wireless 3G is unable to play HD unless you are super super super lucky and are near the tower.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The iPhone 6 Plus is a fabulous device Kate. Your videos should be crystal clear. Unless your signal is not strong enough and this may cause the video quality to degrade. What is the ZIP code where you experience this video quality issue? what is your iOS version? Do you experience this in a particular place (home, office, school)? How many signal bars on your screen when you experience this issue? Please run a speed test and share results.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

You can trade it in and get a new Samsung with $100 Google play credit and $100 check.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Facebook and YouTube both default to a low video quality setting on mobile data. Some things to consider when replying to Verizon above:

• Is your phone on LTE, or 3G? Do you have the LTE Disabled? (Turn on the LTE...)
  • A great speed test site I like to use is http://dslreports.com/speedtest . The link can be shared and this works within Safari.
  • Check your Facebook settings for default video quality. Facebook will allow you to force videos to HD. YouTube on iPhone unfortunately is glued to "Auto" meaning it's up to the Internet connection to be fast.

Also, please be sure that you test both Wi-Fi and Cellular data. As the iPhone 6 Plus has a large screen, and your home Wi-Fi is unable to keep up with HD streaming, you may have to consider talking with your ISP to ensure you receive 5Mbps or better. Verizon Wireless advertises 5-12Mbps on their LTE network (be aware of the data caps), which is sufficient for HD playback. Verizon Wireless 3G is unable to play HD unless you are super super super lucky and are near the tower.

0 Likes