Why are my husband's calls coming through on my phone?
DANKIN38

I have a 6+, my husband has a 5s.  The only change we have made is a few days ago I upgraded the 6+ to Version 10.0.2.

Today, both our phones rang at the same time, he answered, my call dropped, so I didn't think anything more of it.  Then, another call came through on my phone, without his phone ringing.  My phone said something like "call coming from this I-phone".  The person was trying to reach my husband.

Neither of us is technologically savvy.   What did we do & how can we fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why are my husband's calls coming through on my phone?
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

Go to Settings, then Phone and look for "Calls of Other Devices."  I am guessing you have this turned on to Allow Calls on your Husband's iPhone.  The cause of this could be that you are signed in to your iCloud account on his iPhone.  Just make sure to sign out and only be signed in on the devices that are yours, and he is signed into his devices.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

Go to Settings, then Phone and look for "Calls of Other Devices."  I am guessing you have this turned on to Allow Calls on your Husband's iPhone.  The cause of this could be that you are signed in to your iCloud account on his iPhone.  Just make sure to sign out and only be signed in on the devices that are yours, and he is signed into his devices.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You both should have your own Apple ID and iCloud.  One of you should get your own account, your own email address related Apple ID. 

You can use family sharing to share apps and music.

iCloud - Family Sharing - Apple

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Like mama23dogs​ says. You both have the same AppleID. That can create all sorts of problems. Apple has free Family Sharing so you can each have your own AppleID and back up areas, but share most apps without paying for them again. +1 on setting that up to prevent future problems.