Why are my Photos not backing up to Verizon Cloud?
BeckiJo

Just loaded the Vz Cloud app on iPhone 6 last night, everything seems to have worked fine, all contacts backed up, but only 5 photos out of many were backed up. I've tried multiple times to backup again, but the photos are not being uploaded. 

What is the fix?

Thanks for the help.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 Vz Cloud - Photos not backing up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You hit the nail on the head, BeckiJo. Verizon Cloud and iCloud operate separately from each other. Here is the reason that Verizon Cloud didn’t back up the pictures that were backed up to iCloud. When an iPhone backs up to iCloud, it moves the picture there. You see it on the phone because the phone is displaying photos you took as well as photos backed up to iCloud. When Verizon Cloud looks for photos to back up, it doesn’t “see” the iCloud photos at all.

If you wish to make duplicate backups, you can do so. All you need to do is download the photos from iCloud, then run another backup. You may want to attempt this with one or two photos at first, to get comfortable with the process. Does that make sense? Did my explanation help explain what happened?

GeorgeS_VZW

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeckiJo, being able to back up your photos is a must. Are you getting an error when attempting to back up your photos? Are you using iCloud to back up your Photos too? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
BeckiJo

There is no error message. Yes, I believe the photos have been backed up to iCloud. I'm guessing that if that's the case, VzCoud will see that they've already been backed up and will not duplicate the backup, even though iPhone Cloud and Vz Cloud are separate platforms. Is that correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You hit the nail on the head, BeckiJo. Verizon Cloud and iCloud operate separately from each other. Here is the reason that Verizon Cloud didn’t back up the pictures that were backed up to iCloud. When an iPhone backs up to iCloud, it moves the picture there. You see it on the phone because the phone is displaying photos you took as well as photos backed up to iCloud. When Verizon Cloud looks for photos to back up, it doesn’t “see” the iCloud photos at all.

If you wish to make duplicate backups, you can do so. All you need to do is download the photos from iCloud, then run another backup. You may want to attempt this with one or two photos at first, to get comfortable with the process. Does that make sense? Did my explanation help explain what happened?

GeorgeS_VZW

BeckiJo

Yes, makes perfect sense and exatly what I thought was happening. 

Make it a great day.

BJ

0 Likes