Re: Sound cutting out in phone calls on new iphone 6s
mountaingal22
Enthusiast - Level 2

@kaeblfly I ended up turning my LTE to Data only instead of Voice&Data, and I don't feel like the cutting out is happening as much now. I will have to make a few more calls to be sure though.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Hopefully it helps. I don't have any issues on my iPhone 6 Plus or with AC in my area but I have noticed that most complaints with this issue seems to be tied to AC in their area.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mountaingal22 -
Being able to have clear conversations is a must. Please make sure that after you make any changes to Settings that you power your device off/on to ensure the change is processed.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MurphNE

I'm still having the same issue since December

My iPhone 6s is in PERFECT condition (no damage) however my voice cuts in/out on random calls (at this point the randomness is almost gone).  I can be anywhere and the issue (voice cutting in/out) happens.  I have tried all the recommended solutions (from Verizon and Apple) and NOTHING helped

I have tried Verizon support and the #832 and received NOTHING from Verizon about it. I'm taking the phone to Apple genius bar to see if they can see what is wrong

Making calls while the phone is in the case or not doesn't effect the call cutting in/out,  I should have kept my iPhone 4

It doesn't matter where I'm at Inside, outside and in any part of my city my voice cuts in/out

To me this phone is just and old fashion pager since I can't make reliable calls on it (what a waste of $$$$)

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Do you have Advanced Calling active on your account? I know you said you have tried all suggestions but just making sure you have had AC taken off of your account to see if that helps. Otherwise hopefully the Apple Store can help you. I've never had any issues with mine or the others in my household. Nor am I aware of anyone in my area having these issues but AC works perfectly here and everywhere I've traveled to.

0 Likes
MurphNE

Thanks for the suggestion but what is "Advancing Calling"

Is it a Verizon thing or a setting on the iPhone?

Please let me know because I'll willing to try anything to get this from happening

Thanks again

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Advanced Calling is a feature that you first have to have activated (you can do it yourself via My Verizon or you can call CS to do it). Then in settings you would switch your LTE settings to "Voice & Data" which would allow you to make HD calls and also allow for simultaneous use of voice and data while on calls. If you have it active turn it off to see if that helps. If you don't then try turning it on to see if you notice a difference. No guarantees either will change your situation but it has been the problem for many that live in areas where AC may not be working well (or was the case a while back).

0 Likes
jaldridge

I have the same problem with my iPhone 6s in zip 78541 and surrounding area, inside and out, bluetooth devices or no bluetooth devices, intermittently and unpredictably. It started in maybe December or January. I finally took it to the Verizon store where I bought it. They first tried changing the SIM card, but that didn't help. They then arranged for me to get a replacement phone and I returned the previous one. I took the replacement to the Verizon store and asked them to set it up, which they did. After leaving, on the way home I called my wife who told me I was cutting out. I waited a while to make sure it was still happening and it has occurred four more times, again intermittently and unpredictably. I will take it back to the store tomorrow to see what thoughts they have.

0 Likes
LIZLANEMACC

My phone keeps cutting in and out, sounds like I'm underwater, echo noise with Samsung Galaxy 5, switched to I Phone 7, back to a Galaxy 7 and I'm back to square 1 after 70.00 of restocking fees. Looking into other carriers, Ive had Verizon for years but it is not as good as it used to be. This is beyond frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want nothing more than for you to have the service you are accostumed to. Lets take a look to see what is going on. Just to confirm the problem is with the Galaxy 7, right? May I have your zip code? Is anyone else experiecing the sam? Have you added any new apps recently? DoloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes