Why Do I Need To Turn On Cellular Data?
mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why do I need cellular data turned on when I have wi-fi in my house on my iphone 6S. Was informed that when you have wi-fi there be no data usage. Can someone show the phone company how this works?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cellular data
Weth
Legend

You would need cellular data on only if you want to send multimedia (MMS) messages to non-iPhone devices. This would include pictures, video, messages with special characters or accented letters, and group messages.

While you do need cellular data turned on for the MMS to non-iPhone messages, using MMS to send the above will not count against your data. However, while cellular data is turned on, it is not unusual for small amounts of cellular data to be used for housekeeping and checking into home base.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: cellular data
Weth
Legend

You would need cellular data on only if you want to send multimedia (MMS) messages to non-iPhone devices. This would include pictures, video, messages with special characters or accented letters, and group messages.

While you do need cellular data turned on for the MMS to non-iPhone messages, using MMS to send the above will not count against your data. However, while cellular data is turned on, it is not unusual for small amounts of cellular data to be used for housekeeping and checking into home base.

0 Likes