Why Can't I Watch A Show On The NBC App?
MAC777

I'm in the NBC app trying to watch a show. When I click on the episode I get the error message "Sorry under your current setting you can only playback video on WiFi. If you'd like to connect via cellular data networks for playback, change your preference under setting in the app." I went in settings and then to the bottom to the nbc app and it's set to use cellular data so I'm not sure what else to change?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm in the NBC app trying to watch a show. When I click on the episode I get the error message "Sorry under your current setting you can only playback video on WiFi. If you'd like to connect via cellular data networks for playback, change your prefere
Griffika
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same problem today and tried the options other posters suggested. The issue turned out not to be with my phone cell data (which was already enabled for all apps) but within the NBC app itself:

Select the gear icon (on the version I'm using it's on the bottom right) and toggle Allow Video Over Cellular to green.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I'm in the NBC app trying to watch a show. When I click on the episode I get the error message "Sorry under your current setting you can only playback video on WiFi. If you'd like to connect via cellular data networks for playback, change your prefere
Weth
Legend

Close the app by double clicking on the home botton, slide the mini screens until you see the NBC app then swipe up to close the app from memory. Reopen and see if that works.

0 Likes
Dkgbay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to Settings>Cellular and make sure Cellular Data is on (Green background around button). If you do this then you will be using up your data allowance when you do things that require data like watching a program unless you are connected via wifi. If you are connected to wifi the phone will automatically use that system.

Griffika
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same problem today and tried the options other posters suggested. The issue turned out not to be with my phone cell data (which was already enabled for all apps) but within the NBC app itself:

Select the gear icon (on the version I'm using it's on the bottom right) and toggle Allow Video Over Cellular to green.

0 Likes