Re: Voicemail sending text meshed with every new message or when I save/delete
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHMEI13,

Accessing your visual voicemail is convenient. Help is here. What happens when you tap on the voicemail icon of your iPhone?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KDLUGOZI

I have been having the same exact issue with my voicemail.  Getting gibberish texts.  At first when I would tap on the voicemail icon, all it did was prompt me to dial in to my voicemail, but it was not showing my messages.  I did a network reset 3 times, with no response.  Did a network reset a 4th time and then my visual voicemails loaded and were transcribed.  However, I am still getting the gibberish texts on my imessage from VZWVVM.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Add the Block Visual Voicemail feature to your line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MotoDad2k
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here, switched from iPhone to Android (pixel2) and then back again to iPhone. I got these cryptic texts and visual VM wasn't working.

Ended up calling Verizon support *611 and it was a 2 minute fix. Unfortunately there's no user-facing way to address this.

When I switched to Android, Verizon changed my account from "iPhone Visual Voicemail" to "Android Visual Voicemail." The service rep switched it back to iPhone and it's back to normal.

This would be a great feature to expose to users in their MyVerizon Settings panel. I think this would save Verizon lots of support calls Smiley Happy

mrleroybrown
Enthusiast - Level 1

It would be REALLY great if someone from Verizon who solved this problem would respond back with the solution to this issue with visual voicemail. The consistent pattern in these cases is:

1) Have an iPhone on Verizon
2) Switch to an android (typically Pixel) device
3) Subsequently, switch back to an IOS (usually prior) device.  Seems to happen with iPhone 6s.

Resetting network settings does not seem to fix the problem.  When I set up the iPhone when I switched back, I did a full factory reset and transferred the Sim between devices. Is there an issue with a SIM that was once on IOS, then on Android, being back on IOS and registering with Apple communications services like Chat, Facetime and Visual voicemail?

Please post back with an answer. This thread is not two years old and the problem seems common. Verizon should not allow a hardware OEM to reduce the quality of their customer experience by switching platforms. Apple and Google should be accountable for a platform agnostic handoff and staff should be trained to ensure understand risks and tradeoffs when switching.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrleroybrown, I don't want you to feel distressed when trying to use your voicemail. To clarify and make sure we're focusing on the right issue, are you getting a text message when you get a new voicemail? Have you had any trouble trying to open/view your voicemail? Finally, can you share with me why you transferred the SIM between the devices?

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
Markn
Enthusiast - Level 1

If, after moving to an Iphone from Android, you are getting gibberish text messages on your Iphone when you receive phone calls that go to voice mail (i.e., start with "VZWVVW" - etc.) do the following:

1. call tech support at *611 and tell them your getting text message gibberish when you get notifications of voice mail

2. then tell them the way to fix it is to do an "internal refresh of the mailbox." This is what has worked for me and I hope works for you.

A possible idea that may work to avoid this:  Whenever you switch from an Iphone to an Android,  with the Android device off disable both Messaging and Facetime on the Iphone (find under Settings).  Then turn off Iphone before moving the SIM to the Android phone, then power up Android phone. 

If moving to Iphone from Android,  again power off both devices before moving SIM card, then restart Iphone.

This may help the text message gibberish you get if you move back to the Iphone.

Dave1111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uggh!  I called tech support (*611) and they sent me a link to a "digital assistant" (whatever that is, it didn't work on my phone) and hung up on me.  Thanks, Verizon. 

0 Likes
Dave1111
Enthusiast - Level 2

So any sort of answer, Verizon? I tried to call tech support, but they just sent me a link to here, and hung up. There have been multiple responses from Verizon in this thread, but none even attempt to answer any questions or solve the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Dave1111,

Did you recently switch from an iPhone to an android, or vice-versa? Are you a Verizon customer, by any chance? Did you ever use the Voicemail to Text feature?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes