Re: Very bad network coverage over the last month or so
FrustratedUser123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most egregious rudeness of all:  My phone sits like a brick next to me all day....searching hopefully for signal.  Weak signal = HIGHER DATA RATE USAGE REPORTED!!

Now I'm being charged data overages on my phone, when I cant even use the stupid thing in the place I sit the most:  My desk at work.

I am not streaming anything...I am not downloading anything....I'm simply trying to update my email or receive a text!  BUT YET MY USAGE IS UP BY NEARLY A GIG?!  I'm sorry, Verizon, but that is theft.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MeffordE I know how important reliable service is. Thanks for all the loyalty and details you have provided. I do want to take a closer look at your account to see what we can do to help. Please reply to the Direct Message that I have sent.
AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DByrd2

Seems to be quite a few with the same problems I am having in the East Tennessee area 37650.

I'm only getting one or two bars on my I-Phone 5 for the last few weeks now. Dropped calls are becoming the norm. Used to getting 4 or more bars until the last month or so.

NO, it is not the distance from the tower - I haven't moved, nor has the tower.

NO, it is not the phone - same phone, same apps, all updated and verified.

Face it, Verizon.. you have a problem with your equipment somewhere. To ask the user to put in boosters or buy new phones is ridiculous. We are paying a premium for service and not getting anything but a run-around.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the moment to share your experience, DByrd2. We certainly will take a look to go about improving the area to its past reliability. I would like to review the actual network strength. Please press Phone then dial * 3 0 0 1 # 12345 # * tap Call. Next tap Serving Cell Measurements and provide the RSSI info for 4G LTE and 3G or 1x/EVDO.

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dbvirago
Enthusiast - Level 3

What no one from Verizon is saying, either here or on the thread on Facebook where dozens of people are making the same complaint from all over the country, is that this is a known issue.

Until this year and all the 20 years I have been using them, I would have said  Verizon had the best signal anywhere, but that is no longer the case. Beginning a couple of months back, after living in the same house for 15 years I suddenly don't get a reliable signal here. Also in the Atlanta area, I frequently get stuck in no service areas and three times in the last week, I have been at a lunch meeting with no Internet.

What I have found out through quite a bit of digging, along with the results of an FCC complaint is that on June 17, Verizon lost access to AT&T towers which had been providing them with CDMA network access. This is the frequencies that did the best job of penetrating buildings, including your homes. It also means far less towers in general. That is what happened and that is why their service is no longer up to Verizon's previous standards.

So all of the false concern Verizon customer service is showing is useless. Unless the get these towers back, or until they build their own, this level of crappy service is what we will get. For those who only have bad service in their home, Verizon will offer to sell them a $250 Network Extender, but it uses your wi-fi data and the one end has to be plugged into your internet router while the other end has to be close to a window. This presents several problems. First, they are asking you to pay for something to replace service you are already paying for, two, the setup may or may not work in your home, and three and most obvious, it won't do a thing for you if you are not at home.

I live in metro Atlanta, a huge Verizon base and there is no excuse for bad service here or any of the cities these complaints are coming from, but I frequently get no service on my phone as I drive around. I haven't seen no service in over 10 years. Also, as I said I often have no Internet. Yes,  I can usually find wi-fi but Verizon is supposed to supply us with an internet connection where wi-fi isn't available and this just isn't happening.

I suggest all of you first file a complaint with the FCC and then find other consumer groups to file complaints with. When they terminated their agreement with AT&T, they pulled the rug out from under a huge number of long time customers who have continued to pay their large fees each month. From all the complaints I have read, this seems to be in and around large cities, places where you would think they would have the best signals.

Lamont5124
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah that's a great idea cause I'm tired of paying for service and them not holding up their end of the deal... I will be making the switch this weekend and I'll also be filing that complaint I'm tired of the wait and the run around !

0 Likes
MeffordE

What are we supposed to check for this? I see no category for 4g/3G/1x. After tapping on rssi I'm not sure which reading to check

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I aplogize for the confusion MeffordE. The directions provided by DavidH may not be the same for you if you have a different make and model phone. Are you also using an iPhone 6? If not, what make and model phone do you have? Before you tap on RSSI, are you able to view the number readings for 4G,  When you followed the steps provided by DavidH, do see the number readings for 4G, 3G or 1x?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes
MeffordE

Yes on an iphone6 as well. After tapping serving cell measurements, I try to tap on the choice for rssi info but it doesn't take me anywhere

0 Likes
MeffordE

Where my service bars are usually located at the top left corner of my screen, when I'm in the field test the display says -109

0 Likes