Re: Very bad network coverage over the last month or so
imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please see my post on this thread about 3 weeks ago and the steps I have taken.

After hours of troubleshooting they came to the conclusion that i am SOL.

These speeds are in my office at work in downtown Phoenix 85004, on the 20th floor.

0 Likes
jen03187

I am having the same issues - my phone is continually saying it is out of network.  Mobile Network not Available.  I live in Iowa - Sioux City - which is 4G.  I cannot text, call, etc.  I have a Samsung Note 3, and this has been occurring for the last month or so.  I restart, which sometimes works, sometimes not, (just restarted and I still receive the error Mobile Network Not Available.  Not acceptable for either my personal OR Work Phone!

I also very seldom have 4G - it is 3G 90% of the time.  I used to have 4G speeds all the time previous to the last couple of months. 

0 Likes
USMC_Veteran
Enthusiast - Level 3

You may need to have a ticket put in for your area. Try turning the phone off then taking the sim card out (right side and you need a paperclip or something small), then put it back in and turn on the device. If that doesn't work try resetting network settings (settings, general, reset, reset NETWORK settings) and after it powers back up if you still have the same issue call #8899 from another Verizon cell phone or 8009220204 and tech support can do troubleshooting and then submit a ticket.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
KCheeseman

I've been a loyal Verizon customer for years. And their customer service has been a strong factor in what made them good. But something's shifting. In Western, MA every Verizon cell phone user I know has noticed a serious increase in dropped calls, poor signals and hasn't seen a 4G signal in months (often getting 1x) no matter what phone they're using and in locations where they have always had better signals. And what's sad to see, in this forum, is VZW turning it's good customer service into a formulaic shield to mask actually addressing the issue. It's pretty obvious VERIZON has made some high level administrative decisions, probably to increase profit over customer satisfaction and have dropped their level of service. I feel bad for their customer service reps, who are more than likely aware they are just endlessly giving customers the run around when the problem is much larger, systemic and intentional. I think the entity to complain to is the FCC and/or the State Attorney General's Office for Consumer Protection.

0 Likes
dbvirago
Enthusiast - Level 3

K, I agree with everything you have said. I am currently pursuing a complaint with the FCC and urge you and others to do the same. I will try other consumer groups as well. This service level or my Verizon account will end soon.

0 Likes
BrownleeConsulting
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.

I use my phone for my business. I used to be proud of Verizon. I could

communicate on my network when the rest of my team were out of contact.

Now?

Verizon's coverage is a joke. I say a class-action law suit is in order if

we can show standing in the law, harm has been done, etc.

I'm not big on suing anyone, but this is insulting.

Earl Brownlee

Brownlee Enterprises & Consulting

3536 38th Ave.

Evans, CO 80620

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you the service you deserve, BrownleeConsulting. What zip code are you in? Are others affected in your location? How long has it been this way?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MeffordE

Same issues here in Northern Kentucky.  Zip 41008. (iphone6) Sporadic dropped calls, service cutting out to the extent that you cant even have a 30 second conversation.  Texts and imessages go and come through fine.  Only having issues with voice and data speed...Used to have full 5 bars service everywhere in my town.  Now it's 1, 2 if I'm extremely lucky.  My husband's phone (iphone4S) that he uses for business is now essentially useless.  It's not any better outside a dwelling.  Everyone around my area has Verizon, because that's the only provider that had decent coverage here.  Now I'm wondering if we shouldn't switch to find something better to suit our needs.  We've had over 10 years of loyal service with Verizon because the cell service was the best by far.  I'm sad to say this is no longer the case and from reading this thread, this seems to be a nationwide problem with people in varying areas having the same issues.  Verizon needs to take a hard look at the culprit of these issues.  It seems the problems all began about the same time also, (2 months).  Something had to cause this deterioration of service quality, when it's affecting so many customers. 

0 Likes
MeffordE

We, too, are getting 1x a lot of the time here in northern KY.

0 Likes
BigMeke

I am having the same issue in the NJ area of 07003, 07042, 07028.  The voice service has call failed in less than 30 seconds. I have gone through resets with the rep for troubleshooting and still no change.  I used to speak highly of the service to my colleagues, family, and friends but I am truly upset with the service especially when you rely on your service for business and emergencies.

0 Likes