Re: Very bad network coverage over the last month or so
imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

guitaaron, I agree 100%. No one is going to admit something caused by making billions. (ill give up hope on getting an answer or taking ownership)

I agree Apple 1.0 stuff is no good, but even with that off hasnt resolved it.

I just want a working (usable service) phone without having to switch carriers. I haven't even been a customer 1 yeat and issues. coincidentally, i was a customer 5 years ago for about 6 years and had to be let out of my contract because my apartment building wouldnt get calls or text. i not only couldnt just walk outside but literally had to be in the middle of the street. kinda funny. Odd that I may need to leave VZ again due to service quality. I'm trying to hold out as long as possible and am hoping (not much) something will change soon.

0 Likes
dbvirago
Enthusiast - Level 3

Guitaarron, agree with you on this. I've been posting about the tower deal and Verizon has ignored it. If they are now having to pay to get the bandwidth they used to own, it would make sense that they start paying for the minimal number of towers that get them the 'marginal coverage areas' that they seem to be happy with and to hell with the customer.

I and many of the other complainers are on Android phones, so it's not just an Apple issue. It's a Verizon issue. I haven't enabled the Advanced calling features on my phone. I have spent a good deal of time disabling 'features' that are free trials that they will charge me for later.

All I want is a phone with reliable voice service from Verizon. I get my apps from 3rd parties and my Internet via wi-fi. They have one job.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly value your many years with us goosewife. Let's get your service working the way it has been for the past years. Did you recently make any changes to the device when you started experiencing service issues such as new software or third party apps? What make and model phone are you using? Do you notice service issues when you are indoors only or both indoors and outdoors?

Thank  You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dbvirago
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for getting involved, but as I stated in other posts, I have answered these and other questions multiple times with multiple people. I and many others here, without changing anything else, so a sudden and major drop in service level a few months ago. It either has to do with Verizon dropping towers, losing CDMA or other low frequency spectrum, or rollout of LTE or other service. We haven't changed, Verizon has and it is affecting our service.

0 Likes
BrownleeConsulting
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same experience here in Greeley /Evans Colorado. 4G service around my area (all of northern Colorado dropped from full bars in most areas to three bars max. This happened early in the spring. Both of my Galaxy S5s and my Droid Razor are affected. What happened to Verizon?

imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm curious the last time anyone has had full bars somewhere.    

0 Likes
dbvirago
Enthusiast - Level 3

Brownlee Consulting, this is the same experience I had and many others I am finding on the web. VZ support wants to treat it as an individual issue where clearly it's not. My service dropped the same time as yours, except I rarely even get 3 bars. Something happened and someone at Verizon knows what it is. The question is can we find someone to address it honestly and is the service ever going to go back to what it was. If not, Verizon has lost the only advantage it had over the competition. It's certainly not pricing.

0 Likes
imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon please explain,

speedtest.png

0 Likes
Spudz8997

Having the same issues, about to cancel service if they can't fix it

0 Likes
dbvirago
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not only are they not going to fix it. They aren't going to admit that there is a problem. But don't worry, someone will be along in a bit to ask you what zip code you are in.

0 Likes