US Virgin Island service/coverage, why so confusing?
Drake94954

The entire USVI plan is VERY confusing and each time I talk with a Verizon rep I get a different answer. My main question is this, when on St. John, most cell phones ALSO pickup cell phone towers from nearby BVI (British Virgin Islands) and this of course is OUTSIDE the US which causes phones to be roaming and causes international fee's.

What is Verizon's suggestion in dealing with this? With thousands of Verizon customers visiting the USVI each year I would think Verizon would have this figured out by now.

Also please confirm, if using my iPhone in the USVI it appears that phone call's are $1.79 per minute and that text messages are treated the same as if I'm at home which of course is free and unlimited. Does this also include photo's that are attached to text messages? I thought Verizon had no data coverage in the USVI.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: US Virgin Island service/coverage, why so confusing?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the right place as we want to help clear up any confusion, Drake94954. The usage while on the US Virgin Islands/St. John’s is deducted from most newer Verizon Wireless calling plans, good news there. As far as the device connecting and showing roaming from the British Virgin Islands, there is a charge to use this service and we do recommend checking the signal indicator to ensure you are connected to the correct towers to avoid any possible per use charges. In order to provide the most accurate information concerning your plan and any charges, we do recommend reaching out directly. Here is our contact site so we can further assist: http://spr.ly/6586B0UhA

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes