Trade In to Trade Up Deal
Camillia21

I am beyond confused about this deal. I have called Verizon, I have visited the store looking for answers only to get conflicting answers on what this deal actually entails. So if I may, I would like to ask a few questions.

1. Do I have to pay for the iPhone 6 first? I'm assuming I do. Then how I would I get the iPhone 6 essentially free if I have to wait three weeks for the gift card?

2. Is the gift card for Verizon only? Trading in seems like a waste if I don't get to use the gift card toward my new phone or if I only get to use the $200 at Verizon. I doubt I would ever spend that much at Verizon besides getting a new phone/possible accessories.

3. How does this deal truly work? I order the iPhone 6, send my iPhone 4 in when it gets here, and then get reimbursed...how? My iPhone 4 is in really, really good condition and I am ready to upgrade to a new phone and renew my contract. I just want to know if this deal is really saving me money or if I should just buy the iPhone 6 and just forget about the deal entirely.

Thank you for your time, and I apologize for the attitude in this post. I'm just extremely frustrated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade In to Trade Up Deal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Camillia21!

Let's get this all straightened out for you and answer all of your questions! I'm sorry for any confusion in the matter. Here's a link with all of the information on the Trade In Program. I'm sure you'll find it to be most helpful: http://vz.to/1mo4Upf

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Camillia21!

Let's get this all straightened out for you and answer all of your questions! I'm sorry for any confusion in the matter. Here's a link with all of the information on the Trade In Program. I'm sure you'll find it to be most helpful: http://vz.to/1mo4Upf

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
krmorales

Hi Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

I purchased the iPhone 6 and submitted my trade in request online (Submission ID [removed]). I got the prepaid shipping materials and sent back my iPhone 4 in the padded envelope at the US post office. My phone was in good shape. It had no cracks and it was working properly. I deleted everything and even wiped it down and made sure there were no finger prints on the phone. The other day, I received a package from Verizon with my iPhone 4 and it is all cracked and broken! There was no letter of explanation or anything. I checked the status of my trade-in-submission online and the status says "Not Received."

Unfortunately, I keep trying to call the trade in contact number [removed] and cannot speak to a live person. Can you please help me.

Many thanks,

Kristina

Personal info removed as required by

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, krmorales!

I know the importance of ensuring your phone is received promptly.  The process for the Trade-In promotion is a bit delayed due to the overwhelming response for the offer. Checking your Trade In status here: http://bit.ly/GGnDDC is the best way to stay current on the process. As long as you have received a confirmation email that your Trade-In order was submitted, originally,  any additional information throughout the fulfillment process will be sent to that same email address. Your patience is appreciated in this.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at VZWSupport

0 Likes
krmorales

TanishaS1_VZW,

I need your help. Can you please send me the tracking number listed on my prepaid envelope VZW provided?

My phone was returned to me in a different package and it is all broken and cracked with tape on it.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

krmorales,

I'm afraid that we do not have access to that information. In order to obtain this information you must contact our trade in team online using this link http://vz.to/1gI0u3A in the "Contact Us" section or by calling them at 877-247-3846.

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
poobala

why is that before i bought my iphone 6 my old was valued at $200.00. the rep told me to order my new iphone 6 then do the trade-in so i would not be without a phone. now that i have my new iphone 6 verizon is saying my old iphone is only worth $27.00. this is a scam!!!!I want the $200 i was promised for buying a new iphone 6

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

poobala,

Help has arrived! Prior to October 15, 2014 did you submit the appraisal info for your trade in on our web page? http://vz.to/1gI0u3A

As long as you appraised the device prior to 10/15/14, the promotional amount will be offered and you have until December 1, 2014 to submit the device.

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
KBMBFLW
Enthusiast - Level 2

This trade-in program is a real problem.  I have called the Verizon Wireless Device Recycling Program Customer Support at 877-247-3846 numerous times and the message says, "We are experiencing heavy call volume," and then hangs up on me.  My emails to support@online.trade-in.ezw.com (or support@online.trade-in.zzw.com) have bounced back.  Couldn't figure out if the phone said ezw.com or zzw.com.  Have called Verizon Wireless support directly - twice - and they don't know what to do.  My recommendation:  start calling Verizon Wireless directly and complaining.  The trade-in service is a subcontractor, but Verizon Wireless should make good on their trade-in and trade-up to iPhone 6 promotion.  Verizon Wireless - *611 from phone or 800-922-0204

0 Likes