Sudden 1hr 100% to 10% battery drain iPhone 6?
HABx4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Following the two recent IOS updates, one of our iPhone 6 phones can be charged to 100%, and an hour later be at 10% - with minimal use.

Help! It's accompanied by some intermittent shut downs/restarts.   This is a recent/new issue. Went to verizon, they didn't offer any suggestions since we had only the middle tier insurance --- thought they'd offer suggestions, and not just see about new equipment.  Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sudden 1hr 100% to 10% battery drain iPhone 6?
Weth
Legend
0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Reset batter meter

Step 1: First and foremost, you will need to run your device’s battery down to zero. And by that, we mean that your device runs completely out of juice and powers down on its own.

Step 2: Next, you’ll need to charge your device’s battery all the way up to the 100% mark; the holy grail.

Step 3: Once you’ve reached the magic 100, leave your device on charge for another hour before unplugging it.

Step 4: Use your device as normal, letting it drain down to zero. Ensure you do not charge at any time, or you’ll break the spell.

Step 5: As with steps 2 and 3, you’ll need to charge up to 100% again, and leave it charging for a further hour once it’s full.

Step 6: That’s it – your device’s battery is now calibrated.

How To Calibrate iPhone And iPad Battery Life For Maximum Performance [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

HABx4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks - super helpful. Seemed to help extend battery  life to Somewhat  normal for the day after two full recharges  - and then at 30% charge phone turned off ... won't restart (as if battery is dead) plug in .... battery starts charging from the base of 30% ...   any ideas?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with that update. I would suggest you run a Device Health Check through the My Verizon application. You may have an application that is draining your battery or there maybe be an issue with the battery itself. You can also call into Customer Care for a walkthrough at 800-922-0204. You can also see some great tips here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&MG622LL%252FA&8596/m....

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes