Simply frustrated with upgrade process and Verizon failed.
cybercop45
Enthusiast - Level 2

For last two days, trying to upgrade the 3-phones to iPhone-6 with the help of Chat Partner.

Ran into TWO problems.

1) trade-in ISSUE. My verizon only allowed 1-phone to enter for the trade-in. With the help of Chat-partner, entered 2nd phone for trade-in but this is removed the 1st -trade-in. Seems only allows one phone for trade-in. If that is true than Verizon is not worth it.

2) VERIZON MATH. This is bigger issue.

3-phones with 2-year contract price should cost. 3x99.99 =$299.97

Activation charges : 3x40 = $120.

Taxes and fees :               = $34.11 (estimate)

----------------------------------------------

Total   :                             = $454.08 (simple addition).

VERIZON MATH             = $534.08  (ADDITIONAL $ 80.00 from unknown source).

Chat Partner did processing on her side on verizon site and her number matched with VERIZON MATH, ie $534.08, but should could not explained why Verizon charges $80?

If Verizon can not fix the (1) and (2)..... I think I will have to explorer the other options.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Simply frustrated with upgrade process and Verizon failed.
Weth
Legend

Tax is on the full cost of the phone, not just the subsidized price in most states. That means the tax paid would be calculated on $550 times 3 or $1650, not $300.

Did you look to see if a payment plan is cheaper? It depends on your plan, data etc, and you can't really tell unless you calculate it out for the full 24 month cost.

Can't help you on #1 on why only 1 phone can be traded in. Are all phones out of contract now?

0 Likes
cybercop45
Enthusiast - Level 2

are you verizon support person? Seems like you are trying hard to convince but without logic.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

IF you don't see VZW after a screen name then not Verizon person.  I was giving logical possibilities to explore based on what others have found.  Thanks for addressing whether you considered them and why they are or are not possible Rather than just coming back with a smart remarK rather than exploring if somethin said is a possible explanation. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cypercop45, I want you to be able to do your upgrade with a breeze. I would love to look into this for you. I have sent you a private message so I can further assist.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cybercop45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am done with the upgrade now. I went to Verizon store and straighten the wrinkles. Thanks for the offer.

0 Likes