Shipped iPhone 5 on 9/20 -Verizon has yet to receive it?
psgmolina
Enthusiast - Level 3

my husband and I sent in two iphone 5's on 9-20 for the iPhone 6 promotion and your website indicates "not yet received" .does it really take this long for you all to receive this? I tried calling the number provided (on your site) all day yesterday And the day before  and constantly received a message that all agents were unavailable and to try again later (Really?)  i have sent multiple emails (again from the site, using contact us) requesting an update and none have been replied to. Why offer this option if you are not going to reply?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Shipped iPhone 5 on 9/20 -Verizon has yet to receive it?
Mimi80
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem.  I mailed my iphone 5 on Saturday 9/20.  It was late in the day so it probably didn't go out until Monday 9/22 but it is now 9/30 and the status still says "not received".  I was hoping I would get the $200 credit before my next bill is due on 10/15 so I could apply it towards it.  I'm wondering if they received an overwhelming response to this promotion that they are so backed up.  I haven't tried calling but I was considering going into a Verizon store today during lunch.

0 Likes
psgmolina
Enthusiast - Level 3

Going to the store will probably do no good. In hindsight, we probably should have taken the old phones to the corporate store instead of mailing it in. I hope is what you indicated in your message( they received allot of these).  I don't really know why they used usps for this as their service is shady at best.  I just hope they eventually receive it. Oh and I finally spoke to a rep in recycling who was no help.  All he Kept on  saying was that it has yet to be received. He sounded annoyed and bothered that I was inquiring. Prior to hanging up I made him aware that at least he has a job unlike millions of Americans and to cheer up. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns about your gift card Mimi80! I'd like to confirm that processing of the gift card take 4-6 weeks. Please reach out to our trade-in customer service team for further assistance. You can contact them at this link http://vz.to/Zm3LUH at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
psgmolina
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess you did not read my entry in its entirety.

I have tried to call this dept (no one picks up and message is given that all agents are busy and request to call back). This has been going on for two days now.

I have sent at least three emails using the contact us option from the website you are asking us to go to (no one has replied).

Now your asking us to go back to the website and check status?

Come on AntonioC really????

0 Likes
ddrewnowski

I sent in two iPhone 5s on September 20 as well--thinking that I was doing Verizon a favor by acting quickly. The status page still says "not received". Does it really take 4-6 weeks to "receive" the phones?

I can only assume that the iPhones were lost or stolen by the mailman or someone at Verizon. Gazelle would have paid me by now. I will no longer be using this service.

0 Likes
Mimi80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I checked the status on my phone and it says "paid".  Now will I just get a credit of $200 on my verizon account or will I get a gift card? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, Mimi80. You will receive a gift card that can be used to pay your bill.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes