Setting up voicemail; get recording: "Welcome to the message management system. Enter the number of the person for whom you want to leave a message....
pto

So I have tried everything to get my voicemail set up, but it isn't working. When I go to the phone icon and hit voicemail, it rings and says "Welcome to the message management system. Enter the number of the person for whom you want to leave a message. If you want to access your own mailbox, please press #." So I then hit pound. It then says, "Please enter your mailbox number." I have tried entering my password (which I set up on My Verizon) and entering my phone number (with and without the area code) and nothing works. It just tells me that the number I entered is not a valid mailbox number. What should I do? It has never given me the option to set up my voicemail when I hit the button for it. It just has always gone straight to the message management system thing. I have looked online everywhere and can't figure it out. PLEASE HELP!

I've seen lots of posts, but no resolutions.  Anyone?

Many thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Setting up voicemail; get recording: "Welcome to the message management system. Enter the number of the person for whom you want to leave a message....
jimfrac
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found the answer that finally worked for me on this issue. Press and hold the 1 key until you get to the voicemail setup prompt. Do NOT use the *86 method.

Boom - fixed. (thanks to Manuel in VZW tech support)

View solution in original post

Re: Setting up voicemail; get recording: "Welcome to the message management system. Enter the number of the person for whom you want to leave a message....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pto, let's figure this out together. Which make/model phone do you have? Are you using basic voice mail or visual voice mail?

For more support on how to set up Voice mail on your device, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-14613/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pto

Thanks. I am using regular voicemail. (I think)

I am using i phone 6.

Version 9.2 (13C75)

carrier Verizon 23.2

model MG632LL/A

Thanks for your help.

-- Paul

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can't live without my voicemail pto, let's make sure you don't have to. When did this first begin? Any recent changes to your phone, like a software update or new apps?
RosanneM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pto

I got the iPhone 6 a couple of months ago. I don't recall having a

voicemail message since I got the new phone.

Paul

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pto, congratulations on your recent upgrade to to that iPhone 6. That wonderful device has Visual Voice mail. For your inconvenience, you will need to access your voice mail inbox by tapping the phone icon. You will see the option to select the voice mail icon. If you've never set that the feature up, then a tutorial menu to set that feature up will populate on your screen. Did you try accessing your voice mail this way?

For more information regarding visual voice mail on your iPhone 6, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6-voicemail/

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
pto

Yes. Tried that.

When I go to the phone icon and hit voicemail, it rings and says "Welcome

to the message management system. Enter the number of the person for whom

you want to leave a message. If you want to access your own mailbox, please

press #." So I then hit pound. It then says, "Please enter your mailbox

number." I have tried entering my password (which I set up on My Verizon)

and entering my phone number (with and without the area code) and nothing

works. It just tells me that the number I entered is not a valid mailbox

number.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

you may have to call in for that issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pto, thanks for those details. It seems like you're on the right track. When setting up the visual voice mail feature on that device, a text message with your temporary passcode is sent to you via text message. You would need to enter that code to complete the set up for your visual voice mail inbox. Did you check your text messags inbox for that message?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
jbp121
Enthusiast - Level 1

Call Tech Support and they will REFRESH your phone with no loss of saved voicemails. That easy. Nothing else works. Call 800-922-0204 for Tech Support option.  If this happens again after you've saved messages and you RESET your phone yourself, you will lose all your saved voicemails.

0 Likes