Samsung Network Extender/ Cant Receive Calls
Dreid1113

I had the Samsung network extender 1 and it worked for about 2 years no problem. Then one day I stopped receiving calls when connected to it. I called Verizon and recieved a new one the extender 2. Same thing still can’t recieve calls. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Network Extender/ Cant Receive Calls
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What is your internet service provider the extender is connecting to?  Could be there is a firewall or router access list that is blocking necessary ports for communication.  What troubleshooting steps have you taken?  What do the status lights on the extender show?  Does this happen with ANY phone that connects to your extender or only certain ones and if so, which models fail to receive calls?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Dreid1113

It is connected to frontier internet. Same port that it has always been connected too. No firewalls active. I had the Samsung network extender 1 and factory reset the extender with no luck. I also factory reset all phones on my plan. I called Verizon ordered a new extender. Samsung network extender 2. Out of box brand new plug and play. Still same issue. I had no problems for two years now all of a sudden it won’t work. My internet is still just as strong as it was before, router still working and if I unplug the network extender and go to WiFi calling then everything goes back to working normal.

0 Likes
Dreid1113

Also I have tried different ports with no luck. I have tried my in laws phones and still same problem as I am having and they have iPhone 8/X. I am showing the solid blue light on extender and it shows inservice. It shows my having 4 bars of 4g service on my phone and when I dial #43 it tells me I am connected to network extender coverage but still can’t recieve calls on any phone that connects to the extender 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What kind of message, if any, do callers to your number get?  Does it matter what carrier the callers are using that fail?  Verizon tech support (level 2 or 3) should be able to find out where the calls are failing.  Somehow your number when connected to the extender should be registered (to the SeGW?) in the network so calls get directed to the gateway.  This is interesting, let us know any progress in troubleshooting.

Just checked an old posting and the OP somehow had call forwarding ON.  Tech Support turned it off and the incoming calls via the extender worked. 

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Dreid1113

It rings on their end like a normal call the eventually goes to voice mail. They can leave a message and I will get it. That is the only way I will know someone has called. It is the same with att and Verizon callers trying to get in touch with me. I’m on the phone with Verizon now but I don’t think they can figure it out either. This is day two of being on the phone with them 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry you are still having trouble with the second extender and it's quite possible that your internet connection is what changed. I know how important it is to be connected and want to help right away. Have you tried to use your WiFi calling feature? Do you know if WiFi calling has been connected through your account yet?  We will need to dig deeper to find out what the root cause of the problem is. Please reach out to us in private so we can access your Verizon account safely. Here are some steps to help you find out if the extender is working correctly:  http://spr.ly/6605E5c55.

Tina_VZW 

0 Likes
Toolmike

I am having the same problem. I spoke to some higher level Tech who says that it is a problem that they are aware of and in the process of fixing. What I discovered is if you want to receive calls, turn off the HD Voice fuction and keep HD Data on. However that disables the Extender. 

0 Likes