Re: Poor cell service in my area and dropped calls inside with wifi calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes, Daniel888. I know the importance of being able to use your phone at all times. I took a look in that area and I am not seeing any reported outages at this time. Let's take a look at some things on your phone. Are the service issues happening indoors or outdoors? How far do you have to travel in order for your phone to be working properly again? Is anyone else around you having the same trouble?

Let's go in and reset your network settings. This will not delete the content off of your phone. However, you will need to set up your wifi connections again and your Bluetooth connections. Here is a link that will show you how to reset your network.
http://spr.ly/6584DayBA

Jennifer_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daniel888
Enthusiast - Level 2

I usually have to go about half a mile.  It goes to 3G for a while then picks up LTE. Yes, all of my neighbors in this city block are experiencing the same issue.  There’s a long conversation thread in the Nextdoor app amongst the neighbors who are all having the same issue. The link you shared doesn’t work.  Someone wrote, “I called Verizon about it last year and the person confirmed we're located in a Verizon dead zone, and nothing is going to be done about it. We do turn on WIFI calling but our house has cinder block walls, so even that's not great. We have two WIFI signal boosters in our house and still, we have to go out into our backyard for any kind of phone call--which still isn't a great connection and often the call is dropped. The bad connection starts when you turn on Frier from Central and only gets worse from there.” And another wrote, “Exact same story here! And I can see a cell tower from my kitchen! Verizon says they have no clue why service has worsened!”

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daniel888, thank you for this information. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern. 

Natasha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daniel888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I replied to your private message 4 days ago and got nothing back.   The Nextdoor discussion has taken on a life of its own with neighbors coming together with their concerns. Here is a neighbors comments today:

“I was so surprised at how many of my neighbors are also having "Verizon" problems. So, I, too called Verizon. I also was on the phone for long over an hour, speaking to several people. The next day, and several days thereafter I received text messages from Verizon, stating they were "working on the issue" Finally today the text said, "The review of your reported service issue is complete. Please click on the link to see more details http://www.vzw.com/signal" Their solution was to obtain a HDevice free so I could use WiFi. I already use WiFi, and it does no good. They also said I could PURCHASE a network extender.

SSSOOOOO I contacted "Call Twelve for Action" They have taken on the case. If you want to help with our Verizon dropped calls, call 602-444-1371 at Channel 12 on Thursday, and ask to speak to the lady that is helping with the Verizon issue..”

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Switching to a provider that provides better coverage where you need to use it would really be the only other option to fix your issue. Maybe the news channel people could suggest a carrier alternative for the area

0 Likes
viper1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi All

Live right outside NYC and it seems as though after an "update" done to my Galaxy S9 a couple of months ago, I drop calls often.

As others have said .... I have been a Verizon customer for years because they were the most reliable.  I guess that is no longer the case .... so why pay the extra money ???

Will call customer support if it continues.  Probably time to check out some of the other providers who provide service at a much cheaper price.    Can't be any worse from a connection perspective.  Doesn't even seem to matter if I'm on WIFI at home or outside on cell network.

Thanks

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes