Poor cell service in my area and dropped calls inside with wifi calling
romeck

My immediate neighborhood has very poor verizonwireless service, 1X or 1 bar with 3G, though 1 mile away I get great service. Furthermore, I constantly experience dropped calls in my home even though I have enabled wifi calling. My husband has AT&T and has better service. We recently stopped our landline service so I am not a happy camper.  I have been with Verizon a long time and would like to stay with Verizon. What can be done? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor cell service in my area and dropped calls inside with wifi calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your loyalty as our customer romeck. We always want to be sure your service is working the way it should. When did this issue begin? What is the zip code where you are having trouble?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
romeck

Thank you for your reply. My zip code is 19086, but that is misleading as a mile away, it is also 19086 and I get excellent service there when in the car. As soon as I get close to my home, east of Providence Road to Golf View Rd, north of E. Rose Valley Rd, and south of Copples Lane, the reception tanks. It’s been a problem for some time and I have called Verizon about it several times. I thought when I got wifi calling, my dropped call problem would be over but, unfortunately, that did not help significantly. I really don’t want to go back to a landline or switch carriers, if possible.

Thank you, Maryellen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WiFi-Calling is a great option for indoor service, Mary. I'm sorry to hear that this has not been the case and I want to make sure that we can find a solution for this issue. Do you know if other VZW users are having this issue? Do you know approximately the date of when this started?

ZangY_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
romeck

This has been going on for years, actually, but it didn’t matter as much when we had a landline as I would use that in the house. But for the past year or so, we haven’t had a landline and it’s just been driving me crazy. My mother is on my verizon plan and she also has the same problems in our house but my husband has AT&T and he has better service. Our neighborhood appears to be in a verizonwireless dead zone.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Dieslechick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same issue on my iPhone 8 plus. I’ve been having this issue as well as aweful service in our area for the last few months. I have to say that I’m very unhappy considering how much I pay for these services and they just don’t work. I can have full service and lte and nothing will load as far as web pages, Facebook and anything of the sort. Every call I get on WiFi disconnects within 15 seconds. Verizon says we just have poor service in our area and there’s nothing that can be done. I am considering changing providers for my 8 business lines.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sad to lose you. Let's make sure we do what we can to restore the service you deserve. Since it is a business account, please reach out to our business team at 800-922-0204.

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LISMAG52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue with my phone. I have the iphone 8plus and I drop calls all the time - even on wifi network. What gives? I am in a major city. Irvine, Ca 92606

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LISMAG52
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue is really just dropped calls. A lot of them. Texts and data are fine. It happens at work and at home (even with wifi calling enabled) and sometimes on the fwy (using bluetooth). I have only 1 bar at work and at home so that is why i use the wifi calling.

0 Likes