Personal Hotspot Trouble
DonovanLewis

I am having trouble setting up a personal hotspot on my iPhone 6s. I go to settings, cellular, "Set Up Personal Hotspot", and follow the link and directions and i get to Products and Apps and manage apps and there is no option to create a mobile hotspot. So how can I set up the Personal Hotspot on my phone? I know it is free and compatible with the plan I have: the XXL Data plan. I'd prefer to not have to make the trip to a local store. Please help

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Personal Hotspot Trouble
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DonovanLewis,

We definitely want you to be able to use the personal hotspot on your device. When you follow the directions here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6s-personal-hotspot-help/#setting-up-a-personal-hotsp... are you prompted to Set Up Personal Hotspot before or after you tap the switch to turn it on?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DonovanLewis,

We definitely want you to be able to use the personal hotspot on your device. When you follow the directions here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6s-personal-hotspot-help/#setting-up-a-personal-hotsp... are you prompted to Set Up Personal Hotspot before or after you tap the switch to turn it on?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Noneofyourbusinessver

I follow the instructions provided (step by step and everything looks as in the graphics shown) but the iphone 6s does not show on any of my wifi enabled devices.

0 Likes
ELECTRON2017
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worked for me first try. under my app Tab in my settings I tapped the 3 dots in the top right corner and clicked reset app preferences. That's it and it fixed my mobile hotspot issues. it had been giving The Error could not provision/upgrade. When I tried to turn on my hotspot. Let me know if this solution works for you!!! Thanks, Electro

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes