One week with the iPhone 6 and I've already used 1gb of data.... Never had this issue with my 4S! What gives?
apple30

One week with the iPhone 6 and I've already used 1gb of data.... Never had this issue with my 4S! What gives?

Please help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: One week with the iPhone 6 and I've already used 1gb of data.... Never had this issue with my 4S! What gives?
Weth
Legend

First, look to see what apps are using data. This is done by going to Settings/Cellular and looking at the apps near the bottom of that page. You will see a data usage number there. That will tell you what you are using.

Keep in mind you have a new toy, so you tend to use it more. Also, you are going from a slower data 3G device to a much faster data 4G XLTE device. You can use much more data in a shorter period of time. This is especially true with streaming data, such as music and especially any video you are doing. Video is something I have seen really increase since you area going from streaming in standard definition to high definition.

Every time I have had someone go from a 3G device to an LTE device I have seen data use double to triple, myself included.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: One week with the iPhone 6 and I've already used 1gb of data.... Never had this issue with my 4S! What gives?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, apple30! Congratulations on your iPhone 6. I see that you do have concerns about data usage. I'd be worried, too. The trick to figuring out data usage is to see the details (date, time, amount). We post that at VerizonWireless.com. If you log in as Account Owner or Account Manager, you can click "View Usage Details" to get that info. Have you done that yet? If so, does any of the usage look out of sorts to you?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

First, look to see what apps are using data. This is done by going to Settings/Cellular and looking at the apps near the bottom of that page. You will see a data usage number there. That will tell you what you are using.

Keep in mind you have a new toy, so you tend to use it more. Also, you are going from a slower data 3G device to a much faster data 4G XLTE device. You can use much more data in a shorter period of time. This is especially true with streaming data, such as music and especially any video you are doing. Video is something I have seen really increase since you area going from streaming in standard definition to high definition.

Every time I have had someone go from a 3G device to an LTE device I have seen data use double to triple, myself included.

0 Likes