One Success Story
cnicholsri
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pre-oredered right at 2am on the 12th and my credit card was charged over the weekend. I received a Fedex #, checked the Fedex site and my fedex package has shipped and has been sitting in NJ since Sunday. If things go as normal (as previous pre-orders), it will sit in NJ until Thursday and then 2 day ship to me for Friday by 3pm. Hoping I didn't jinx myself with this post.

By the way, this was for an IPhone 6 Plus 16gb Silver

Labels (1)
Re: One Success Story
cnicholsri
Enthusiast - Level 2

I must be the luckiest customer in the world. IPhone 6 received and activated. Only issue was I requested the same MEID as my old one and when you do this you have to use your old SIM in the new phone. Once I did that it came up and is working fine. Wishing everyone else the same luck!!!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I haven't actually activated my 6 yet but I requested the same. So did you just swap out the sim and it was activated or did you have to go through the other steps too?

0 Likes
cnicholsri
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you turn it on you have to walk through the initial setup questions about text size, wireless, etc..I would suggest that you shutdown your old phone, put the SIM card in the new one and then turn it on and you should have no issues. Don't forget to complete step #3 which is to call the automated system and activate the 4G LTE.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Thanks. I knew I would need to go through the menu but I wasn't sure if I needed to do anything different. I'll be activating whenever I get Internet access somewhere. I'm working remotely and using my current iPhone 5 as a hotspot so I know that's not an option.

0 Likes
cnicholsri
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck. I think if I had put my old SIM card in before turning it on, I would have been fine. By the way, I think you can activate via Wireless, Celluar or even a PC with ITunes. Anyway hope it goes well. Enjoy!

0 Likes
kyboocat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Congrats on you new iPhone!  Hope the rest of us get ours soon!

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I finally had s chance to do it and it worked perfectly!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kaebfly

Congrats on your new iPhone 6! I'm glad you were able to activate it. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes