Not receiving text audio notifications when iPhone 6 screen is black
kirstengodawgs

I have an iPhone 6.  A couple of days ago, my phone stopped receiving audio notifications when I receive a text message when my screen is dark and not open.  I've opened settings and In notifications under messages, ALL NOTIFICATIONS ARE TURNED ON.  I've even turned on the vibration notification.  And it only works when the screen is open as well!!!

When my phone is open and I'm actively texting, the audio notification will make a sound....But not when the screen is black!  My phone rings as it should... my only problem is receiving audio text notifications when the screen is black. PLEASE HELP!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text audio notifications when iPhone 6 screen is black
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Kirestengodawgs I personally know how important it is to receive your text notifications. Let's get to the bottom of this. I'm curious is your software up to date? Also, have you tried holding down the power button and the home button until the Apple logo appears? Please keep us updated after you attempt those steps.

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text audio notifications when iPhone 6 screen is black
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kirstengodawgs, we want to ensure you never miss an important notification. Typically, sounds will not come through when the iPhone screen is black if Do Not Disturb>Manual is on or is active via a schedule. Do you currently use DND? If so, please ensure Manual is turned off. If not, you may want to close out all apps and power the phone off and back on and re-test. Please keep us posted with your findings. 

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes