My phone keeps showing No sim card error
kurdy
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Iphone 6 Plus keeps sporadically having this error.  It doesn't allow me to have any data or service to use when this pop up occurs, it basically renders my phone useless.  I have brought it into the Verizon store and they just reset my network settings.  I've tried turning it off and on, switching to airplane mode and back, hard reset, update carrier settings.  Just wondering if anyone has anyone had this issue and had it fixed?  It may be as easy as switching out the sim card?  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone keeps showing No sim card error
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried replacing the SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kurdy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not yet, I will do that. Just wondering if anyone out there ever encountered this issue.  I plan to head over to Verizon later today.  Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kurdy, help is here as you deserve a properly working phone. This could be due to a bad sim card or the card may not be positioned in the slot properly. Ann154 provides a great option as this may remedy the issue. If you haven't gone to the store to replace yet, please try removing the card, then reinserting it. Click the link provided for the steps and keep us posted.  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-115390/

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rockocmb

I took that little pin like thingee & took my sim card out of the phone,

Then I wiped off the sim card contacts on the bottom of the sim card, 

Then I blew into the sim card slot just in case some dust was in there and put the sim card back into my phone and= Walla my phone was back to normal working condition.

Try that it may work for you.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes