Is it possible to recover contacts and text history from a wiped iPhone?
bluewolf815
Enthusiast - Level 1

We had an employee of ours part ways. Prior to giving the company owned device back to us, the employee wiped everything, despite instructions not to do so as it would qualify as destroying and tampering with company property. The phone now prompts you to set it up, like it's fresh out of the box. As the phone is company owned, and on the company Verizon account, all communications made using the phone are therefore company property.

Is there any way to recover the contacts and/or text message history?

I know I can access my own contacts, messages, and call history. But I don't see where to access the information for another number on the account. I am the account owner and should have unfettered access.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recover contacts and text history from wiped iPhone?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If it wasn't being backed up via iCloud (Apple's or Verizon's) then that info is lost. Would have still been if you didn't have the Apple ID and password(as far as iCloud for Apple goes).

View solution in original post

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If it wasn't being backed up via iCloud (Apple's or Verizon's) then that info is lost. Would have still been if you didn't have the Apple ID and password(as far as iCloud for Apple goes).

mama23dogs
Legend

iPhone in Business - IT Center - iOS Management - Apple

iphone can be set up to prevent this type of problem.   Check the link above, and talk to apple about protecting your information on employee used devices.

0 Likes