Is it better to get the iPhone 6s through apple or Verizon? If you get it through Apple will Verizon give you the monthly credit still?
Kjorain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone know the answer this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is it better to get the iPhone 6s through apple or Verizon? If you get it through Apple will Verizon give you the monthly credit still?
Weth
Legend

What plan or you on?  Are you in a contract now?  What discount are you getting now - month to month or payment plan discount?

0 Likes
Re: Is it better to get the iPhone 6s through apple or Verizon? If you get it through Apple will Verizon give you the monthly credit still?
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Just an FYI...if you plan to use Apple's yearly upgrade program they require that you have a major credit card and a fairly high credit score.   The bank that they use for this program caters more to Super Prime/Prime customers.

0 Likes
Kjorain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, thanks for responding.

I am on the MORE EVERY LOYAL TLK TXT 8GB plan. My wife is on an Edge plan. She just got the Iphone 6 plus (not the S)

She gets a $25 device payment discount. I get a $25 discount for not upgrading yet. I am trying to find out if it is better to get it at Apple or Verizon. I believe if I get it at Verizon on the Edge program they will still give me the $25 monthly discount and then I pay the difference monthly depending on what model and size I get. Will I still get that discount from Verizon if I go through Apple?

0 Likes
Kjorain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, one more thing to add as an example. If my current monthly bill is $130 and I go with the 128 GB version of the 6s for the monthly plan, the cost is $35.40/month. If they continue to give me the $25 device payment discount I assume my bill would go up the difference, about $10, hence I would be paying $140 a month (about). Is this the same if I go through Apple's program?

0 Likes
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

No matter where you purchase your Verizon phone from if you do device payments you will get the $25 a month

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kjorain,

I am so excited for you to receive the iPhone 6S. The iPhone 6S is a great device. We want to make sure we provide you all the necessary information so you can make the best decision for you in this upgrade process. If you purchase your device from us (VZW) via our Device Payment Program you will receive the $25 discount, as long as you remain on the More Everything plan.

In regards to upgrading with the Apple Upgrade program, you would be able to keep your $25 discount that you currently have. As you are upgrading through Apple, when the device is activated on your VZW account it would be considered a device swap. Since you stated your line is currently out of contract it would remain exactly the same on our end, showing you as out of contract. I hope this helps.

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!